One Common Purpose
As international borders dissolve and technology and media explode daily, the mission of St. Edward’s University and a Holy Cross education continue to transcend the times. The tectonic shifts of a global, interconnected world will require thoughtful minds, caring hearts and clarity of leadership. The value of a St. Edward’s University Catholic, liberal arts education and its ability to instill the critical skills that flex, bend and weather life’s tests has never been more apparent.
Learn About Our Mission and Principles
The St. Edward’s University mission promises that we will help students to understand themselves, clarify their personal values and recognize their responsibility to the world community. These principles are guided by our Holy Cross tenets: the courage to take risks, an international perspective, respect for the whole person and a commitment to social justice.
As we fulfill our mission and vision, the St. Edward’s community is united in its efforts by eight Operating Principles, which arise from our Holy Cross and Catholic heritage. These principles include our unwavering commitment to collaboration, diversity, excellence and service.
- We work through collaboration.
- We treat each other respectfully.
- We are a continually developing organization.
- We each take responsibility for excellence.
- We are dedicated to high standards of service.
- We have open communication across the university.
- We seek to understand and promote diversity.
- We are good stewards of our organizational resources.