The Bill Munday School of Business
At The Bill Munday School of Business, you’ll experience an edu-prenurial environment that cultivates and nurtures future business leaders. In the rich liberal arts and Holy Cross tradition, students become creative and critical thinkers who serve their communities and act as innovative change agents.
Undergraduate programs include: accounting, accounting information technology, business administration, digital media management, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, interactive games studies, international business, management, and marketing.
Master’s programs include: Business Administration (MBA), Accounting (MACT), and Leadership and Change (MSLC).
All programs provide:
1. Small and interactive classes with personalized attention from faculty.
2. Faculty who are scholar practicioners with established business networks.
3. Experiential and applied learning so students gain real-world experience through internships, business plan competitions and capstone consulting projects.
4. A global business education with an option for study at 19 partner universities around the world.
5. Interdisciplinary learning emphasizing diversity and teamwork.
6. Curriculum focused on ethical business practices.
At The Bill Munday School of Business, located in Austin Texas, one of the leading hotbeds for the creative economies, we foster the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. In concert with our Holy Cross mission, our faculty and staff provide personalized business education that informs and transforms to help improve the lives of others. Our approach to education is experiential, interdisciplinary and global.
Whether you pursue a career in creative economies, entrepreneurship, or choose a more traditional career path within a large corporation, our business education provides a global reach. Students have access to study at our 15 partner universities across Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia. We offer dual degrees with established partners, as well as study abroad experiences. In either case, learning extends well beyond the classroom, as students engage in real-time consulting projects for organizations such as 3M -China, Adobe - Czech Republic, and U.S. Steel - Slovakia. Our students interested in social entrepreneurship and social innovation have worked with organizations such as Honduras Good Works, Casa Luz in Costa Rica, and Save the Churches in France. Plus close to 400 international students study at our Austin campus each year, helping to create a highly diverse learning environment and access to a global network.
In both our undergraduate and graduate programs, students learn to think critically and creatively, act with integrity, and serve their community. Academic rigor and relevance characterize all of our programs. Our relationships with leading Austin incubators connect our students with key organizations and the Austin entrepreneur community. Our undergraduate programs provide a strong liberal arts foundation and afford opportunity for internships that strengthen classroom learning and provide career success after graduation. Our graduate programs are highly experiential. Our low-residency MBA program requires students to complete a consulting capstone project with external organizations. Students in our challenging Master of Accounting program boast a CPA pass rate in the top 20% nationally for schools our size.
Our faculty, while dedicated teachers and scholars, are also experienced professionals, many of whom are still embedded in the business community. Our faculty delights in mentoring and coaching their students to build strong relationships that lead to career opportunities.
St. Edward’s University graduates are seen by the business community as creative problem solvers with an entrepreneurial mindset. They are mature, motivated and creative professionals, proactive in serving their community and seeking justice for others.
Join us as we drive our mission to the marketplace around the world!
- Nancy Schreiber, PhD
- Dean, The Bill Munday School of Business
Trustee Hall combines traditional architectural elements with a modern sensibility.
Trustee Hall is built for collaboration. Here, students master the skills and knowledge to get ahead in the business world. They forge personal and professional connections. And they learn to harness the technology that is a hallmark of Trustee Hall, among the first campus facilities built as part of the university’s 10-year Strategic Plan.
Inspired by landmark structures on campus, Trustee Hall has won awards for design excellence and garnered media attention. It’s been featured in Architectural Record, the nation’s leading architecture journal. The sustainable design reflects the university’s commitment to environmental responsibility.
- 15 technology-rich classrooms equipped for faculty and student presentations, including three computer classrooms with a workstation at every desk
- 24-hour computer lab
- Bright, open hallways with comfortable seating areas and an atrium for students to study and socialize
- Faculty offices are conveniently located for students
- Conserves natural resources with its exterior sun shade, a separate heating and cooling unit for the computer tower, and strategically placed windows that minimize the need for interior lighting