School of Management and Business
Program Director, MBA in Digital Media Management; Associate Professor of Digital Media Management
- JD at University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 1986
- BM in Music at University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, 1978
Why I Teach
In my classes, excellence is encouraged, earned and rewarded. I attempt to teach an intersection of many topics so my students will evolve as learners.
On a personal level, I teach because it helps me to be a better student. On a professional level, I teach because we are living through a once-in-a-generation revolution in communication, commerce and the arts that is still in its infancy and will absolutely change the world as we know it. There will never be a better opportunity to learn, teach and share such an experience with such a passionate student body.
- Practiced law in Texas as a civil attorney for nearly two decades, concentrating in entertainment law, trademark, copyright and securities arbitration
- Lecturer at University of Texas at Austin and adjunct professor at St. Mary’s Law School
- Has taught classes in Business Law, Digital Media Law, Introduction to Entertainment and Digital Media, and E-Commerce at St. Edward’s since 2003
- Arbitrator, National Association of Security Dealers Inc., NYSE and National Futures Association
- Past chair and past director, State Bar of Texas Entertainment and Sports Law
- State Bar of Texas