The Bill Munday School of Business
Program Director, Master of Science in Leadership and Change; Associate Professor of Management
- PhD in Human Resource Development Leadership at University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- MS in Instructional Design at Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- BA in Psychology at Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
Why I Teach
Working with adult learners requires sensitivity to their unique learning needs as well as their rich life and work histories. “Teaching” becomes more about the “facilitation of learning” than the one-way sharing of knowledge and information. I always charge my students to make sure that I learn something every class, too. If I don't, then they aren't doing their job!
I seek to create an environment in which students can effectively learn and realize their potential. It is comprised of texts and readings to ground knowledge acquisition, thoughtfully constructed learning modules that encourage critical examination of the topics being studied, and feedback related to their demonstration of learning.
I teach to be a role model of lifelong learning, the joy of knowledge and the multiple perspectives necessary in our interconnected world.
- Former educational and industrial television producer
- Former regional training officer, U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Extensive background in public sector management and leadership development
- Corporate leadership and organization development experience at AMD
- Consultation practice in leadership coaching and process facilitation
- Certified About-U Powered by the BirkmanSM Facilitator
- Chair, Leadership Development Member Interest Group, International Leadership Association
- The Academy for Human Resource Development
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
- Phi Kappa Phi Scholastic Honorary
- Team Lead, Human Capital Action Team, Moody Foundation School for Young Men, Austin Independent School District
- Former board member, Salvage Vanguard Theater, Austin
- Former faculty chair, Leadership Austin
- Former board member, Austin Chapter of ASTD