School of Humanities
Associate Dean, School of Humanities; Professor of Humanities
- PhD in Biblical Studies at University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, 2001
- MA in Biblical Studies at University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, 1999
- MDiv at Graduate Theologian Union, Berkeley, California, 1994
- MA in English at Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 1988
- BA in Journalism at Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1983
Why I Teach
To tap into the innate potential within each student, the learning environment I create must be open, welcoming and comfortable. I want to inspire students to take a creative interest in what is being taught and to exercise critical thought in the classroom and in the world around them. To achieve this, I use a personal, more flexible teaching style.
I affirm positive relationships with students by offering suggestions and encouragement to work to their highest abilities. In every class, I strive to impart new information that helps them form a broader global perspective and experience personal transformation that impacts their values and key decisions.