New College: A Pioneer in Adult Learning
St. Edward's stands apart from the pack when it comes to adult learning.
With more than 35 years of experience, New College understands how to tailor degree programs to suit the needs of you, the adult student. We built New College around adult-friendly policies, such as granting credit for nontraditional learning, and with a commitment to exceptional academic support and career services.
From the start, New College understood the particular challenges and barriers to academic success among adults and the unique ways that adults approach learning.
- You are autonomous and self-directed. New College professors inspire and empower you to take an active role in your education rather than simply supplying you with facts.
- You want to connect new learning to your knowledge/experience base.
- You are goal-oriented. You thrive in an organized educational program with clearly defined elements and that prepares you with lifelong job skills.
- You appreciate learning and collaborating with your peers and professors who bring real-world expertise to the classroom.
- You are practical and seek learning applicable to your work and other responsibilities — and that contributes to personal fulfillment and professional success.
Dear Future New College Students,
Our adult students comprise a diverse group of individuals who share a common bond: They have come to a place in their life’s journey where earning an undergraduate degree is a priority. Our highly respected degree programs are taught by award-winning faculty members who are truly dedicated to helping you achieve your personal and professional potential.
As a New College student, you will enjoy the benefits of individual attention, small class sizes and coursework that emphasizes critical thinking and ethical analysis. Each diverse class is united by an active style of learning that focuses on synthesizing and applying your knowledge in not only your workplace but your community as well. This distinctive model of education for adult learners produces extraordinary results and highly satisfied graduates.
With our emphasis on the liberal arts, New College fosters the idea of life-long learning. New College will provide you with the confidence to be a successful and productive problem solver, team builder and individual contributor.
I encourage you to expand your possibilities, challenge yourself to go further in your life and fulfill your personal goals. We look forward to having you join our community of scholars.
- Helene Caudill, PhD
- Dean, New College
A convenient campus for adult students.
St. Edward's University–North Austin
Our North Austin campus, located near the Arboretum, is another convenient St. Edward's University location. Many night and weekend classes are taught at the North Austin campus to suit the busy schedules of working adults, with additional amenities for an on-the-go lifestyle.
- 14 "smart classrooms" complete with multimedia capabilities, including overhead projection, Internet access, DVD player, VCR, audio and integrated control system
- Eight computer classrooms with individual workstations
- Meeting facilities with two sets of classrooms with removable walls for accommodating large or small groups
- Wireless internet throughout the facility
- Gourmet dining options for lunch, dinner, snacks or coffee at Café 360
- Ample parking