Associate Dean, New College; Program Director, Organizational Communication and Organizational Leadership; Professor of Communication
- MBA in Management at St. Edward’s University, Austin, Texas, 2002
- MA in English at University of Tennessee, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 2000
- PhD in Occupational and Educational Studies at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, 1994
- BS in Accounting at Mesa State College, Grand Junction, Colorado, 1987
- MA in Speech Communications at University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, 1969
- BA in Education, Speech and Theater at University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado, 1965
Why I Teach
I consider myself a facilitator rather than a teacher. Adult students bring such richness and experience to our discussions that it’s seldom necessary for me to “run” the classroom. My job often is to manage and direct interaction. When material requires me to convey information, I try to make the content and problem-solving as meaningful and pragmatic as possible.
Teaching gives my life purpose. I never fail to be energized by our wonderful students who commit to learning.