Understanding your role in our global community is a vital part of your St. Edward’s education. Studying abroad opens a new door to knowledge, experiences and cultural awareness, preparing you to thrive and lead — and make an impact — in our interconnected world.
St. Edward’s encourages students to study abroad through exchange programs with our international partner universities, service-learning courses and faculty-led field opportunities. Our global reach extends far and wide, and we’re always expanding our programs.
Get ready to be transformed. Explore new ideas and cultures during a summer-, semester- or year-long program abroad. Or experience working in another country with an international internship. Gain career skills that give you an advantage with employers who value a global perspective.
Students are broadening their worldviews in programs like these:
Semester- or year-long study abroad opportunities with our 12 partner universities:
- St. Edward’s University in Angers, France
- Université Catholique de l'Ouest (UCO) in Angers, France
- Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Fachhochschule Koblenz in Koblenz, Germany
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas in Madrid, Spain
- Universitat Jaume I in Castello de la Plana, Spain
- Asia Pacific University in Beppu, Japan
- Catholic University of Korea in Seoul, South Korea
- Tecnológico de Monterrey, with programs throughout Mexico
- Universidad Argentina de la Empresa in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Universidad Adolfo Ibanez in Vina del Mar, Chile
- Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria in Valparaiso, Chile
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Faculty-led field opportunities:
- Biology in Angers, France: an exploration of the floral diversity in the landscape of the Loire Valley.
- Intercultural Communication in San Joaquin de Flores, Costa Rica: an immersion in Spanish language and Costa Rican culture while living with a host family.
- Global Festivals in Edinburgh, Scotland: a behind-the-scenes study of international event planning inside the acclaimed arts and cultural festival — the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- Photocommunications in Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, China: a documentary-based photography expedition focused on the people, places and traditions of Chinese culture.
- Cultural Foundations in Sevilla, Spain: a first-hand encounter with Spanish language, history and culture through excursions to diverse sites and cities in Spain.
Find a study abroad experience that fits your goals and interests. St. Edward’s works with approved companies and organizations that offer study abroad options in more than 90 countries.