Requirements & Info Sessions
Finding the Right Fit
To determine if New College at St. Edward's is the right fit for you to complete your undergraduate degree, consider these key questions:
- Do you fit at a university that emphasizes academic challenge, engaged learning, collaboration and teamwork with fellow adults?
- Are you interested in a well-rounded education combining professional skills — critical thinking, writing, research, speaking and presentations — with a global perspective to prepare you for lifelong success?
- Does diversity — of every kind — bring out the best in you?
- How eager are you to embark on a journey of self-discovery, to change your world — and to be changed — when you complete your degree?
Finding the right mix of adult students for admission to New College at St. Edward's involves a careful process of evaluation. We consider your work and life experience, your grade point average and the strength of your personal essay, which describes why you want to attend New College.
All New College students have graduated from high school or earned a GED and typically have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on any college coursework completed. These students typically have a minimum of four years of full-time work experience and are at least 24 years old.
- Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014 – 6 p.m., Main Campus
- Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014 – 6 p.m., North Campus
- Monday, Nov. 3, 2014 – 6 p.m., Main Campus
- Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2014 – 6 p.m., Main Campus
If you are unable to attend one of the information sessions, please call 512-448-8500 to speak to an admission counselor.