School of Behavioral and Social Sciences
Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice
- PhD in Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, 2010
- MA in Forensic Science at Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, 2007
- MS in Criminal Justice at Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Kentucky, 1999
- BS in Criminal Justice at Lake Superior State University, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, 1997
- BA in Psychology and Honors BA in Anthropology at McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, 1994
Why I Teach
I remember what it was like to be a student and how often I thought … I could make this much more interesting and fun. I made mental notes about how I would improve and enliven the approaches to my own classroom teaching. Where else can you have unlimited access to a library, the Internet and people who really want to listen to the knowledge you have gained over your lifetime?
Now, I live for the “ah-ha” moment when my students understand the concept I am trying to convey.
When you combine the understanding of theoretical concepts and how they can be used in the practitioner’s world, it is learning at its best.