Let Your Kids Express Themselves at a St. Edward's University Performing Arts Camp
This summer, don't send your kids to an ordinary day camp. Instead, set their imagination free through one of four music or drama camps hosted by St. Edward's University. Covering a range of ages and offered throughout the summer, the camps offer college-level instructors in concert with local working musicians and actors.
Music Camp for Youth: Offerings include piano, choral singing, recorder, music appreciation and create-a-musical for ages 6-12.
• Length: Two one-week sessions
• Session I: June 6-10 & Session II: June 13-17
• Time: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
• Cost: $230.00
Orchestra Camp: For students entering grades 3-6 who play violin, viola or piano. Auditions required.
• Length: One one-week session, June 27-July 1
• Time: 9 a.m.– Noon
• Cost: $125.00
Shakespeare on the Hill: Mornings will be spent in acting workshops followed by afternoon rehearsals, culminating in a Shakespearean play to be performed by 7th-12th graders at the camp's conclusion.
• Length: Two-week session June 20-24 and June 27-July 1
• Time: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Cost: $250 Two-week morning workshop (9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
$450 Two-week full day workshop (9 a.m.– 4 p.m.)
Some scholarships available.
Summerstock Austin: High school and college students work together with professional actors to mount two productions –a musical and a Shakespearean play.
• Length: Six weeks, July 9-August 14
• Time: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.* (*Some evening and weekend rehearsals required.)
• Fee: $75 Registration & costume deposit fee
For more information, contact Michael McKelvey, assistant professor of music, 512-428-1297.