A New View in Town
Fleck Hall Grand Reopening Party
Celebrate the grand reopening of Fleck Hall, new home for classrooms, offices and the School of Education at St. Edward's University. At 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 4, enjoy free food and drinks as you view the renovated spaces. You won't want to miss seeing the third floor with glass-walled conference rooms and one of the campus's best views of downtown Austin.
Where: Fleck Hall
When: Thursday, Oct. 4, 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
- 5 p.m.: Opening remarks and building blessing
- 5:15-7 p.m.: Reception and open house
Originally built in 1958, Fleck was home to the School of Natural Sciences for nearly 50 years. Last year, Fleck underwent a major renovation that responsibly in re-used materials to create a new space that embraces the building's past and future. It's the latest phase in the life of a building that's changed with the times and needs of St. Edward's.
- An experiential learning area will provide future teachers with "hands-on" access to a simulated pre-kindergarten through 12th grade classroom.
- Fleck will also feature the work of Jennifer Prichard of J Prichard Design, a ceramic artist who specializes in "space transforming" installations of small, repeated porcelain creations. Her work evokes subtle images of fields of coral, their organic quality in perfect harmony with the original scientific programming of the building.
- Five conference rooms and one multi-purpose room