St. Edward's University and Colorado State University Team up to Provide Green Building Certificate Program
The certificate program is directed by Larry Grosse, Emeritus Head of the Department of Construction Management at CSU–Pueblo, which is a nationally recognized leader in construction management education and green building. The certificate program begins Oct. 1 and is geared to:
- Design professionals — interior, landscape, architectural
- Contractors and builders, planners and commissioners
- Facility managers and stakeholders
- Built environment engineers and decision-makers
“This is an exciting time in the building industry. LEED-guided, healthy, high-performance buildings are quickly becoming the standard for progressive cities, school districts and the private sector,” said Grosse. “This program responds to the growing need for specially-trained professionals who are able to adapt to a changing industry and culture. For those who work in the design and construction industries, this certificate can greatly increase their competency and ability to contribute, collaborate and advance.”
“Bringing CSU’s Green Building Certificate Program to Austin reflects St. Edward’s commitment to partner with the best training providers in those industries and professions that matter most to the Austin community,” said Linda Edwards, Director of Corporate and Government Relations for St. Edward’s.
- Introduction to Green Building and LEED for New Construction
- Environmentally smart materials
- Site development and sustainable landscapes
- Integrated energy systems
- Economics of green building
Location: St. Edward’s University Professional Education Center, 9420 Research Blvd., Bldg. III
Dates: Thursday nights Oct. 1–Nov. 19 (8 weeks)
Times: 6:30–10 p.m.