St. Edward's University PEC Career Management Certification System
The PEC can help career coaches find success and a rewarding career in this emerging field. The CMCS course is for anyone currently in a career counseling, educational or consulting role as well as anyone looking to transition to the career management industry.
This comprehensive curriculum will prepare individuals with the knowledge, skills and a systematic framework to deliver career services in a range of settings — whether community-based agencies, K–12 schools, colleges and universities, private practice, business, or government.
Curriculum for Career Success
The CMCS course combines the latest in career management strategy and tactics with real-world experience from industry experts. You’ll learn how to:
- Develop winning strategies tailored to various career transition paths
- Use the Career Development Model®, a structured approach to facilitate change
- Select, administer, integrate and interpret assessments to unique career profiles
- Identify, organize and synthesize resources to help clients with career decision-making
- Develop, plan, and evaluate programs that address individual and group career goals
- Implement job search and branding strategies to help clients secure work opportunities, create successful careers, and progress in their work
- Learn how to use technology in the remote career coaching and counseling process
- Understand how ethics and best practices lead to long-term success
Sign up today for this comprehensive course that includes 60 hours of instruction.
- Feb. 16–April 29, 2010
- Meets for 10 weeks; Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 6–9 p.m.
- Total course cost is $2,295; textbook is $95
For more information, view the course curriculum, or contact Teri Turner at 512-428-4103.