Students Complete International Internships in Angers, France
Five students completed international internships last fall through the St. Edward's in Angers, France program. During the semester-long exchange program, the students took classes taught by both French and St. Edward's University professors, including Catherine MacDermott, professor of Business Communication, and William Nichols, associate professor of Political Science. The application deadline for Summer and Fall 2010 study abroad programs in Angers and other countries is Friday, Feb. 12, 2010. Download an application.
During the Fall 2009 semester, the following students completed internships:
- Krystal Shaw '10, International Business, and Mely Rabalais '10, Global Studies — Worked as teaching assistants with the First Year in France students
- Megan Russell '11 and Annie Ruscoe '11, Communication — Assisted instructor Angelo Steinhardt-Keely '07 in the St. Edward's English Language Program
- Anthony Betancourt '11, History — Served as an assistant to the Angers, France, program director Benoit Patier
"The internships were a huge success in Angers," said MacDermott. "I absolutely love teaching students in this environment — where the country and the culture become our guest speakers, our classroom, our community and our home."
St. Edward's University students also gave back to the local community in Angers by volunteering as English tutors at the English-Language Library.
Discover St. Edward's in Angers, France
Students are able to gain a global perspective with St. Edward's in Angers, France. Along with meeting and living with students from around the world, students study with faculty members from St. Edward's while earning university credit. Six-week summer, semester-long and year-long programs are available. And students can apply their university financial aid to help pay for study abroad in Angers.
Meet the Office of International Education
The Office of International Education, or OIE, helps students to plan for their study abroad experience. In 2008–2009, students studied abroad in 27 countries.
Through OIE, students can:
- Find programs and courses to fit any major and degree plan.
- Choose an experience that will fit different budgets.
- Discover internship opportunities in select programs.
Students can get started planning by talking to an OIE representative today. Stop by Moody Hall, Room 102; call 512-428-1051 or visit www.stedwards.edu/studyabroad.