CLASS OF 2010 TO CREATE THE FIRST-EVER LIVE, INTERACTIVE AND SOCIALLY CONNECTED GRADUATION
We're partnering with the makers of Whrrl, a cutting-edge location based mobile network, to allow you, your family and friends to participate in a one of a kind, live, interactive, visual experience.
The action starts after the last graduate has left the stage. That's when Dr. Martin will invite you to upload your photos and notes to begin creating the St. Edward's 2010 commencement story. Your posts from the graduation floor will appear in real-time to the large screen on stage, creating a real-time online story of the event that everyone will see.
It's easy to be a part of this historic event! Here's how to get started:
- Sign up for a Whrrl account prior to graduation day.
- Get to know Whrrl before graduation day. We'll have Whrrl specialists at the following pre-graduation events:
- April 30: Come to the High Five Social Hour at Opal Divine's at 5:30 p.m. to sign up and see a live demonstration.
- May 6: After commencement practice, attend the reception on Ragsdale Plaza to learn more or get help signing up.
- Anytime: Visit http://faq.whrrl.com/tutorials/ for tutorials on how t use Whrrl.
- On Graduation Day, May 8, just login to Whrrl when you arrive.
- "Check In" to the Frank Erwin Center when you arrive.
- Join the group "St. Edward's Graduation." You'll immediately be accepted into the "St. Edward's Society" and see everyone else who has checked in to the graduation.
- Have a great graduation! Then, when all graduates have received their diplomas, Dr. Martin will invite you to upload your photos and messages.
- Now the fun begins! While you soak in the fact that you've finally graduated, celebrate and share: "Add a Photo," "Add a Note," comment on someone else's post.
Sit back and enjoy watching the memories unfold as they are happening. All of the notes and pictures will be pooled into one event on whrrl.com/frankerwincenter
Remember: Only the Notes and Photos you post at the end of graduation will be part of the live slide show. This is your graduation — but the world will be watching!
Tell a friend! Don't forget to pass this along to your fellow graduates! The more people who participate, the more fun it will be.