Homecoming and Parents Weekend 2011 Celebrate the Sprit of St. Edward's University. Register now.
Last year, more than 1,000 alumni, students and parents gathered on the hilltop to celebrate 125 years of tradition and memories at St. Edward’s University. Although our campus has grown and changed over the years, one thing remains the same: the spirit of St. Edward’s. Celebrate that spirit at Homecoming and Family Weekend 2011! This year, Homecoming and Family Weekend will be Feb. 25–27, so register now.
Reconnect with fellow classmates and professors during a weekend chock full of events including:
- Golden Guard Luncheon celebrating the 50th reunion for the university and high school Class of 1961
- Alumni Welcome Dinner and Awards ceremony
- Casino Night
- Homecoming Welcome and Presidential Address
- Tailgate and basketball games
- Fireworks display
- 10th reunion for the Class of 2001
- 25th reunion for the Class of 1986
- 40th reunion for the Class of 1971
- Senior Exhibition Series
- Fact, Fiction and the New World: The Role of Books in the Making of America at the Scarborough-Phillips Library
- Homecoming Mass with Most Reverend Joe S. Vásquez, Bishop of Austin
Homecoming and Family Weekend 2011 offers activities for all students to celebrate the spirit of St. Edward’s University. Students, get your friends together to watch the Topper Cup, attend the Annual Casino Night, or enjoy the Tailgate party and concert between basketball games. Finally, don’t miss the fireworks on Main Building Lawn.
While we are working hard to make our campus as welcoming as possible for you, the Texas Department of Transportation will likely close a section of IH-35 in South Austin throughout the Homecoming & Family Weekend — including the Hwy. 71/Ben White exit. Traffic will be diverted onto the IH-35 frontage roads and you will still be able to access St. Edward's — it will just take a little longer! Please allow yourself extra travel time to arrive on campus. In the days immediately preceding Feb. 25, TxDOT will post an announcement on their web site. Please be sure to check the TxDOT website for an update a day or so in advance of your arrival. If you know others who are attending the weekend's events, please forward this information for their convenience.
We have been looking forward to Homecoming & Family Weekend all year long! Though additional traffic will be troublesome, we are still excited to see you soon.