St. Edward's Class of 2017: Posts and Pictures of Campus Welcome
The 2013-2014 academic year began on August 26 and the St. Edward’s Hilltop is buzzing with activity again. The university welcomed its largest freshman class ever - nearly 800 students strong. So what does the Class of 2017 look like? Here’s a few profile statistics:
• Approximately 40% male, 60% female
• Average SAT score of 1125
Where are they from?
• 59 international students from 38 countries
• 77% of incoming class is from Texas
• 106 students are from 27 other states
• The 2nd largest geographic location of incoming students is from California
What are they doing?
Freshman students participated in some exciting events and university traditions this past weekend. Check out the photo galleries below:
• First Friday Block Party
• Welcome BBQ
• Hilltop Extravaganza Scavenger Hunt
• Legacy Walk
• Medallion Ceremony
What’s new for them on campus?
Two brand new buildings were completed in time for the beginning of the fall semester – the Munday Library and the John Brooks Williams Natural Sciences Center South. The buildings will serve as home to state-of-the-art classrooms, science labs, computer labs, auditoriums and meeting spaces.
Munday Library: By the Numbers
• 47,439 square feet
• 150 Computers
• 16 group study rooms; 8 rooms with 46-inch touchscreen monitors
• 2 Global digital classrooms
• 90,000 Books
• 300,000 e-books
• 21,000 videos
• 25,000 periodicals
John Brooks Williams Natural Sciences Center South: By the Numbers
• Home to Computer sciences, Mathematics, Bioinformatics
• 62,334 square feet
• 13 Classrooms; 4 Computer Science classrooms, 2 general education & math labs
• 126-seat Carter Auditorium
• 30 Faculty offices
You can relive the moments of move-in weekend with these images and social posts.