Kozmetsky Center Director named Global Policy Fellow with Woodrow Wilson Center
The Kozmetsky Center of Excellence in Global Finance at St. Edward’s University is proud to announce that Distinguished Professor and Director Sharyl Cross, PhD, has been chosen to serve as a Global Fellow by the Woodrow Wilson Center. The Wilson Center selected 43 new Global Fellows from around the world for their leadership in public service, journalism, business, academia and civil society.
Cross joined St. Edward’s in September 2013 as distinguished professor and director for the Kozmetsky Center. Cross brings to St. Edward’s a wealth of experience in global security studies, international relations and comparative politics.
Previously, Cross was Professor in the College of International & Security Studies at the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. She was director of academics for both the Program in Advanced Security Studies and Senior Executive Seminar, and served in key leadership capacities for the Marshall Center’s strategic outreach engagement initiatives in Russia/Eurasia and South East Europe. Prior to the Marshall Center, Cross was at the United States Air Force Academy where she had been appointed distinguished professor of political science. Cross is currently working on her next book co-authored with Paul J. Bolt entitled China, Russia, and Twenty First Century Global Geopolitics under contract with Oxford University Press.
The Kozmetsky Center helps provide international experiences for students by hosting internationally focused forums and by welcoming experts, scholars and leaders to campus for lectures, classroom visits and panel discussions.
Upcoming Kozmetsky Center Event
Panel Discussion: The Future of South East Europe/Balkans, International Security and Economic Issues: Perspectives from the Region
Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014
Carter Auditorium, John Brooks Williams Natural Sciences Center–South
• Dr. Vlatko Cvrtila, Dean VERN University of Applied Sciences, Adjunct Professor, University of Zagreb
• Dr. Srdjan Darmanovic, Ambassador of Montenegro to the United States and University of Montenegro
• Dr. Savo Kentera, President, Atlantic Council Montenegro
• Dr. Anna Krasteva, Director Center for Refugees, Migration, and Ethnic Studies, New Bulgarian University
• Dr. Tonci Matulic, Dean and Professor, Catholic Theological Faculty, University of Zagreb
• Konstantin Samofalov, Member,Parliament of Serbia
• Dr. Sonja Tomovic Sundic, Dean and Professor, University of Montenegro
• Dr. Radovan Vukadinovic, President, Atlantic Council of Croatia
• Dr. Valbona Zeneli, Professor, George C. Marshall Center