Position Type: Staff Openings
Responsible for administering, implementing, documenting, testing, managing and enhancing selected enterprise applications; Analyze and assess new or proposed applications, working to ensure that the University is fully leveraging applications and associated processes; Work to implement robust and extensible integrations, provide a focus on process improvement, and provide expertise in application architectures; Work collaboratively to gather and analyze business requirements; Work to ensure robust and flexible reporting capabilities across a wide range of applications.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Infrastructure, the Applications Administrator has many critical responsibilities. Those responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain comprehensive architectural blueprints for administrative applications.
- Think in a systematic manner, integrating business process, technology and strategy.
- Work, in collaboration with colleagues, to guide the evolution and development of enterprise applications, data integrations, and integrated service platforms.
- Provide detailed documentation for applications/enterprise systems; coordinate the transition of new applications into production, working with others to develop training, communication materials and operational technical staff in other IT areas as appropriate.
- Play a primary, collaborative role in the selection, implementation, development and operation of highly available applications and systems, to include associated integration with other administrative information systems and related technologies.
- Work with clients and stakeholders across the University to evaluate the performance of such systems against the strategic, tactical and transactional needs of the University.
- Specify architectural and technical requirements for administrative software applications that provide for effective integration with existing and future systems and technologies.
- Work closely with colleagues in IT to ensure robust integration of selected specialized application software systems with all other core ERP business systems
- Ensure the integration of newly implemented applications into a larger business continuity framework, providing input into how these applications play into broader business continuity strategies, and taking ownership of the continuity of operations for these applications.
- Provide second tier support for selected applications, taking ownership of a broad range of technical and procedural issues around these applications as they arise.
- Must be able to develop, implement, upgrade manage and maintain applications within the framework of a highly available 24x7 environment, mitigating the risk of unplanned service outages.
- Ensure that applications perform well, through performance monitoring and other means; Work to ensure that application architectures are scalable to meet increasing demand.
- Must understand and have experience with web services architectures and approaches and understand how that is enabled in an integrated approach to IT organization, architecture, and solutions.
- Work, in collaboration with colleagues in Digital Infrastructure and across IT, to align technology directions, investments and architecture with the University’s mission, strategic objectives and business operations.
- Candidates must have a broad understanding of business systems, business processes, and academic support technologies, preferably in a Higher Education environment.
- Candidates must have strong project management and organizational skills.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and self-directed, must be able to work independently and collaboratively, and must be able to receive and provide direction.
- Candidates must have strong administrative and analytical skills and must demonstrate an ability to evaluate business process in the context of a higher education setting.
- Candidates must possess strong oral and written communication skills, and must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Compelling candidates will have 3-5 years experience managing enterprise applications on both Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Server (2003 and up) platforms.
- Compelling candidates will have experience with Java enterprise architectures/applications, managing Oracle databases in an application context, LAMP, and WebObjects.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required.
About St. Edward's University:
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward’s University is the premier private institution of higher learning in Austin. Enrolling approximately 5,300 students, the university offers more than 90 academic programs. In addition to the many programs designed for traditional undergraduates, the university offers more than 15 undergraduate degree programs designed for working adults and 11 master degree programs. Over the last two decades the university has doubled its enrollment and invested more than $147 million in new campus facilities. US News & World Report has ranked St. Edward’s among the top regional universities in the West for nine consecutive years, and peers identified St. Edward’s as one of a handful of “up-and-coming universities” in both 2010 and 2011. The university’s newly adopted strategic plan, Academic Distinctiveness and Global Preparedness, reflects the university’s commitment to prepare students for success in a 21st century world increasingly shaped by globalization and ubiquitous technology. Consistent with its Holy Cross heritage the university maintains a strong focus on issues of social justice.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to: Senior Systems Administrator Search Committee; St. Edward’s University; Campus Mail Box 1041; 3001 S. Congress Avenue; Austin, TX 78704 Applicants may also submit these materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
<p>St. Edwards University is an equal opportunity employer and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.</p>