Welcome to the St. Edward's University Family
Walk with your student through the St. Edward's University Orientation experience. From the time your student submits their deposit to their first day of class, the information below will help you guide your student through their first steps to becoming a Hilltopper!
Hillstart, An Online Pre-Orientation Course
Beginning November 4, 2019 and after depositing, your student is invited to start completing tasks in their Hillstart course, including:
- Registering for Orientation (Parent & Family Orientation sign up is separate)
- Selecting their Freshman Seminar
- Signing up for on-campus housing and a meal plan, or completing their exemption request if living off campus (required for freshmen, optional for transfers)
- Submitting their state law-required meningitis records
On-Campus Spring Orientation
Move in will be on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
- Check in is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at your student's residence hall or the apartment front desk.
- For information about moving in to your student's residence hall, contact reslife [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Question%20re%3A%20Move-in) (Residence Life).
General Access and Policy Information:
Campus Health Insurance Policy
All enrolled students must be covered under an active health insurance policy. St. Edward's will bill the student account for university-sponsored health insurance unless they provide current proof of coverage.
Your student can upload their health insurance information after they register for classes at Orientation. Instructions can be found in your student's Hillstart course. Insurance information must be submitted to remove any health insurance charges from your student's bill. If your student opts out, allow 7–10 business days for the charges to be removed from the bill.
Billing and Financial Aid Resources
Student Financial Services' Guide to myHilltop Billing & Financial Aid will help you and your student understand and navigate the university's financial website. Check out important billing dates and deadlines.
If you are going assist your student with billing and payment, they must add you as a billing center user. See instructions for how to set up billing center users.
Contact Student Financial Services with further questions or to set up an appointment with your student's financial advisor.
Access to Student Information
Learn about the The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and how your student can set up guest access to student academic information. Guest access must be established by your student. Learn more.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) limits access to your health and counseling records and information. Release of information is done on a case-by-case basis in the Health & Counseling Center. Note: the Parent/Guest Access above does not authorize release of HIPAA information.