Your Hilltop Journey Begins this Spring
On behalf of the Orientation staff and the entire university, we welcome you to St. Edward’s University. We are pleased you will join us this spring and are confident you will make a significant contribution to our campus community. Our international academic community will challenge and inspire you to fulfill your potential — and empower you to make a difference in your world.
Freshmen, transfer and exchange students admitted for the spring are required to attend Orientation.
- Freshman students will be advised and register for courses during Spring Orientation.
- Transfer (domestic and international) and Exchange students will have the option of early advising and course registration.
1. Complete your enrollment deposit (requires log in to myHilltop).
- Deposits may take up to two business days to be processed in the system.
2. Starting Monday, November 4, log into Hillstart, a pre-orientation experience (you will receive an invitation to Hillstart via your official SEU email account).
- Here you will sign up for orientation, request your housing and meal plan, complete important tasks to get you ready for your time on the Hilltop.
3. Attend Spring Orientation on Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Directions to Campus
Spring Orientation Check-in and Schedule
Spring 2020 Orientation is Thursday, January 9th and classes begin on Monday, January 13th.
Students and guests should check in at 8 a.m. on the 3rd floor of the Ragsdale Center. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. to complete the check-in process.
If you or a guest are driving a car without a St. Edward's University parking permit, please make sure to register your car here to avoid receiving a ticket.
Spring Orientation is 8 a.m.–5 p.m. The exact ending time will vary depending on your classification, testing and advising needs.
Spring Orientation Schedule-at-a-Glance
9:00am Welcome Session
9:30am Meet Your Success Coach Team
10:10am Community Standards
10:40am Student Disability Services
11:00am Money Matters
11:30am Medallion Ceremony & Legacy Walk
1:30pm Advising & Registration
3:00pm Take Care of Business on Campus
Please note, all times and sessions are subject to change.
What to bring to Spring Orientation
You should bring:
- Current government issued photo ID with you. Acceptable forms of identification are a state issued ID, driver's license, passport or military ID.
- SEU username and password
- Proof of health insurance
- Immunization records, including your bacterial meningitis vaccination (if not already submitted)
The following fees cover all Orientation costs, including meals and other services:
- Freshmen: $250
- Transfer and Exchange students: $50
- Guests: $40 for each guest, ages 15 and older, who attend Orientation
All fees will be added to your account following Orientation attendance. Since Orientation is mandatory, the student fees will automatically be applied.
If you have received enough in financial aid to cover all expenses in full, your aid can be used to cover these fees as long as you have allowed your aid to be applied toward non-direct expenses. For other students, these fees will be folded into your remaining balance for the term where they can be paid in full or financed using the university’s monthly payment plan.
As spring Orientation is not overnight, housing is not provided. Students who will be living on campus may move-in prior to Orientation on Wednesday, January 8th.
Parents and families who wish to join their student for Orientation are encouraged to make reservations at an Austin-area hotel. View nearby hotels.