Within the organizational structure of St. Edward’s University, academic subjects are organized by schools, which are made up of programs, departments and areas.
St. Edward’s University Schools:
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- School of Human Development and Education
- School of Natural Sciences
- The Bill Munday School of Business
Graduate programs are offered within the university’s schools.
Programs, Departments and Areaas:
- The Biology program is offered by the School of Natural Sciences.
- The MBA program is offered by The Bill Munday School of Business.
- The Department of History is within the School of Behavioral and Social Sciences.
- The Art area coordinator organized the exhibit.
The word “program” is not capitalized, except in these cases:
- Academic Counseling and Support Programs
- Alumni and Parent Programs
- College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)
- Fellows Program
- Fulbright Program
- Honors Program
Administrative offices within the university are not referred to as departments:
- “Marketing Office” instead of “Marketing Department”
- “Office of Residence Life” instead of “Department of Residence Life”
Capitalize the official names of offices, otherwise, lowercase:
- Contact the Office of Admission for an application.
- Pick up an application at the admission office.
Note: Our university style spells “admission” as singular: “Admission” not “Admissions”