About the Fulbright Program

The Fulbright Program is a highly selective scholarship/grant program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. The program offers grants for graduating college seniors, graduate students, teachers, young professionals and artists to study, conduct research and/or teach abroad.

Graduating college seniors in the Fulbright U.S. Student Program may be referred to as “Fulbright Students,” “Fulbright U.S. Students” or “Fulbrighters.” For consistency, we use “Fulbright Students” as the common description.

The Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship grant is one of several Fulbright U.S. Student Programs. This program places recent college graduates and young professionals as English Teaching Assistants in schools or universities overseas to help teach English language while serving as ambassadors for U.S. culture. English Teaching Assistants may also pursue individual study/research plans in addition to their teaching responsibilities.