- Google +
- login (as an adjective: login name; as a noun: use your login to access your account)
- help desk
- chat room
- log in (as a verb: Log in to view the video.)
The proper term World Wide Web may be spelled out on first reference; however, it is acceptable to use “web” in all instances.
- website, webpage, webcast, webinar, webmaster
When listing a specific website — sometimes referred to more precisely as a URL (uniform resource locator) — omit the “http://www.” that generally precedes all website addresses. This is universally understood and simplifies the address for easy reading.
- Information is available at stedwards.edu.
- Visit libr.stedwards.edu for access to our online catalog.
When listing a secure server, such as those used for online payments, list “https://” as part of the URL because the “s” after “http” indicates the site’s secure nature.