The university uses Emma, a marketing automation email platform, to communicate with current students. If your office is interested in using Emma, please email the Marketing Office to learn more.
Once your office is set up with a sub account in Emma, we encourage you to reference the following resources that Emma provided to help you get started, including:
Marketing created 4 branded email templates; please use the version that best suits your needs. To access these templates:
- Log in to Emma
- Click “Campaigns” in the navigation bar at the top left of the screen
- Click "Create a New Campaign”
- The templates are listed underneath the "My Templates" section
- Templates include "Large Image Template, Medium Image Template, Invite Template, and Body Copy & E-signature Template." The latest version of these templates include "Brand Refresh 2020" in their title.
You are welcome to use any of the images from the University Photo Collection in your emails. Please note that you should re-size any photo uploaded to the template and image specifications outlined by Emma. You have the ability to resize photos in Emma or before uploading the image to Emma using free web tools like Pixlr or PicMonkey. Emma accepts jpeg, gif and png files, which should be saved in RGB format. Please note that Emma only accepts non-interlaced png files (if you have trouble saving to the non-interlaced format, please reach out for assistance).
Read this helpful blog post on understanding the best image file size and format for your email. Remember, if you need to crop a photo be intentional — do not excessively crop as the frame composition is important to the visual storytelling of the image.
Communicating with Our St. Edward’s Community
The university’s contract allows for a limited number of contacts. For this reason:
- Alumni and Advancement is the only sub account with access to the alumni mail list. To communicate with alumni please work with Sarah Dickens.
- Student Involvement is the only sub account with access to the parent mail list. If you need to communicate with parents, please work with Abbie O'Neill to send the email.
- We ask that any communication you need to send to faculty and/or staff be sent through Workplace.