Learn about the wide variety of options we have to help you find your career path.
Career and Professional Development provides students and alumni with customized advising and professional development services empowering them to maximize their St. Edward's University experience and fulfill their academic and professional goals.
Get career advice and information on topics such as:
- Choosing or changing a major
- Planning your job search
- Finding a job or internship
- Interviewing and salary negotiation
- Networking effectively
- Applying to professional & graduate school
- Pre-law advising
- Resumes, CV's and cover letters
- Utilizing self-assessment tools
- Understanding LinkedIn Intern or career search abroad
- Online career courses
Ways to Receive Career Advising
Resume Drop Off
Need help with your resume or cover letter? Use our Resume Drop Off service. Click here.
• One-on-One Advising: Schedule a one-hour advising appointment with career staff by calling, emailing, stopping by our front desk, or going online to Hilltop Careers to schedule an appointment.
• Walk-In Hours: During the remote operations initiative, walk-in hours are Tuesday - Thursday 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. Check in HERE or call 512-448-8530 for a quick 10-15 minute advising session with a career counselor.
• Ask a Career Counselor: If you a career related question to ask a career counselor, this is the service for you. Ask us anything regarding upcoming events, internships, jobs or career exploration.
• Resume Drop-Off: Have your resume reviewed and back to you within 2-3 business days by filling out our new and improved form.
• Career Accelerator: This program is designed to prepare students to apply for competitive internships and full-time job opportunities.
REGISTER FOR CAREER COURSES
The Topics in Career Planning and Management (CPAM) classes assist students in their preparation for future jobs, internships, and/or graduate professional school studies. Each section of CPAM 1110 has a different career theme, each has different class registration requirements, and each is offered at different times during the school year.
- Career Planning and Management Internship (Summer, Fall, Spring)
- Career Management Strategies (Summer, Fall, Spring)
- LSAT Preparation (Fall)
- GRE Preparation (Fall, Spring)
- MCAT Preparation (Spring)
- Navigating the Pre-Health Application Process (Spring)