Learn about the wide variety of options we have to help you find your career path.
Career and Professional Development provides students and alumni with customized advising and professional development services empowering them to maximize their St. Edward's University experience and fulfill their academic and professional goals.
Get career advice and information on topics such as:
- Choosing or changing a major
- Planning your job search
- Finding a job or internship
- Interviewing and salary negotiation
- Networking effectively
- Applying to professional & graduate school
- Pre-law advising
- Resumes, CV's and cover letters
- Utilizing self-assessment tools
- Understanding LinkedIn Intern or career search abroad
- Online career courses
Ways to Receive Career Advising
Resume Drop Off
Need help with your resume or cover letter? Use our Resume Drop Off service. Click here.
• One-on-One Advising: Schedule a one-hour advising appointment with career staff by calling, emailing, stopping by our front desk, or going online to Hilltop Careers to schedule an appointment.
• Walk-In Hours: During the academic year, walk-in hours are Monday - Thursday 3 p.m. - 6 p.m. and Friday 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. During the summer, walk-in hours are Monday - Friday 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. Stop by Moody Hall 134 for a 15 minute advising appointment with career staff.
• Ask a Career Counselor: If you a career related question to ask a career counselor, this is the service for you. Ask us anything regarding upcoming events, internships, jobs or career exploration.
Resume Drop-Off: Have your resume reviewed and back to you within 2-3 business days by filling out our new and improved form.
• Pre-Law Advising: The Pre-Law Advising Program is designed to help students determine if law school or a career in the legal field is an appropriate path to pursue, and assist those interested in law with the law school application process, as well as securing law-related internships and employment. Make an appointment with Alex Smith, Pre-Law Career Counselor.
• Pop Up Career Center: Visit with us in different locations around campus so we can help you with revising your resume, inform you about upcoming events, and tell you about jobs and internships currently available. Follow #SEUPOPUPCAREERCENTER.
• Meet-Ups: During the academic year, career staff hosts guided meet-ups 1-4 times a month. Each meet-up is designed to address common and specific career-related concerns and questions. Meet-up times/locations vary. Check the Calendar of Events or Hilltop Careers for more information regarding scheduled meet-ups.
• Career Accelerator: This program is designed to prepare students to apply for competitive internships and full-time job opportunities.
REGISTER FOR ONLINE CAREER COURSES
The Topics in Career Planning and Management (CPAM) classes assist students in their preparation for future jobs, internships, and/or graduate professional school studies. Each section of CPAM 1110 has a different career theme, each has different class registration requirements, and each is offered at different times during the school year.
- Career Planning and Management Internship (Summer, Fall, Spring)
- Career Management Strategies (Summer, Fall, Spring)
- Navigating the Law School Application (Fall)
- LSAT Preparation (Fall)
- GRE Preparation (Fall, Spring)
- MCAT Preparation (Spring)
- Navigating the Pre-Health Application Process (Spring)