How to Schedule an Appointment Online
Watch our "How-To" tutorial on scheduling your appointment online using Hilltop Careers!
Now you can schedule appointments online via Hilltop Careers!
You may schedule a one-hour appointment with a career counselor to discuss any of the following:
- Career Exploration
- Start Your Future (First-Year Student Career Planning)
- Resume, CV and Cover Letter Review
- Internship Assistance
- Career Options Related to Major
- Career Assessments/Interpretations
- Graduate School Information/Guidance
- LinkedIn Assistance
- Job Search Assistance
- Interview Preparation
- Offer/Salary Negotiation Questions
- Pre-Law Advising
- Career Change
If you would like to speak to the staff prior to scheduling an appointment or would rather not use the online scheduling system, please call the front desk at 512.448.8530 or stop by our office in Moody Hall 134.
Student Steps for Scheduling an Online Appointment
1. Log into Handshake with your St. Edward’s username and password.
2. In the upper right side of the screen, select the “Career Center” drop down menu and click “Appointments.”
3. Click the blue box that says “Schedule a New Appointment.”
4. Choose the most relevant appointment type. While the system will only allow you to select one appointment type, you may indicate other reasons for your appointment in the "What can we help you with?" section on the next screen.
5. Select the date on which you would like to schedule an appointment and an available appointment time. Please note that online appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. If you need to meet with a counselor sooner, please call Career and Professional Development at 512.448.8530 or stop by Moody Hall 134 in person.
6. On the next screen, share with us in your own words a little more about what you would like to discuss during your appointment in the "What can we help you with?" section. Once completed, click the green “Request” button at the bottom of the screen.
7. You will see a green bar at the top of the screen which states that your "appointment was successfully requested." Career center staff will be able to review, and in most cases, approve the appointment request within one business day. On occasion, our counselors get double booked and it may be necessary for us to decline an appointment request. If that happens, we will recommend an alternative meeting time. Otherwise, you will receive notification of the appointment approval by email.
9. Once you receive notification that your appointment request has been approved, just show come to Career and Professional Development, located in Moody Hall 134, at your designated appointment date and time. It's that simple!
10. If you need to cancel an appointment, you may do so by logging back into your Handshake account, viewing your existing appointments and clicking the "Cancel" or "Request to Cancel" button. You may also call Career and Professional Development at 512.448.8530 to cancel an appointment.