My name is Beth Eakman Re and I teach in the English Writing and Rhetoric major. I specialize in courses with practical and professional applications, such as Grant Writing, Magazine Writing, Humor Writing, and Entertainment Journalism. My students regularly publish articles they've written in these classes and win funding for local charitable organizations with their grant proposals. I have two websites. This one is for my SEU courses. Please feel free to look around syllabi and assignments. This one is for my creative work and features links to some of my publications.
Professor Eakman has taught at SEU since 2006 and has experience as a professional and creative writer in a wide variety of genres, including technical manuals, creative non-fiction essays, and scripts for children's television.
- Post MA coursework in Rhetoric and Writing at San Diego State University, 1997-1998
- MA in Interdisciplinary Studies (American Literature/American History) at the University of North Texas, 1996
- BFA in Communication at Texas Christian University, 1987
Achievement & Involvement
Honors and Awards
- 2011 Capstone Instructor of the Year
- 2008 Hudspeth Award Finalist
"Teaching Freshmen to Read Hard Stuff." Annual Teaching Symposium, Center for Teaching Excellence, St. Edward's University, 2014.