Dr. Ellen Melton has been a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Master of Arts in Counseling program since 2014. Prior to that, she had been adjunct faculty since 2009.
Dr. Melton's areas of expertise and interest include clinical counseling/psychotherapy practice, psychoanalysis, psychopathology, forensic psychology and psychological assessment. Her private practice focuses psychotherapy and intern supervision. In addition, she is also a continuing education provider for Licensed Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists and developed a
LPC/LMFT Supervision Training Course.
- Ph.D. in Psychology from Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2005
- M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas, 2003
- B.S. in Psychology from Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas, 2001
- A.S. in Dental Hygiene from Amarillo College, Amarillo, Texas, 1980
- Additional master’s coursework from St. Edward’s University, Austin, Texas, 2008/2009
- Additional coursework from The Chicago School of Psychoanalysis, Chicago, Illinois, 2015