Bienvenido, Bienvenue, أهلاً وسهلاً بكم, Willkommen and Welcome!

The International Student Services (ISS) team within GEO provides advising to international students about visa and immigration, life in the U.S., employment and financial concerns, and social and personal issues. We are also a liaison between international students and on-campus departments, U.S. government agencies, foreign governments and private organizations. Above all else, we support and advocate for the international student community at St. Edward's University.

Recently admitted students should visit the New International Students page for more specfic information about visas, immigration and pre-arrival planning. Currently enrolled F-1 Students and J-1 Exchange Visitors should visit the Current International Students page for more information about maintaing your immigration status, work authorization, and important travel guidance. Also be sure to follow @stedsGEO on social media and join the SEU International Students group on Facebook. This is the easiest way to connect with your classmates, receive important announcements from GEO, and learn about all of the fun and exciting events we plan each semester!

How to Contact International Student Services (ISS)

For general questions, please email iss [at] Be sure to include your name and SEU I.D. number in all email communication.

To make an appointment with an international student advisor, please stop by Moody 102, or call the front desk.

To request a signature, drop off your document at the front desk, and you can pick it up the next business day. No appointment needed.

To request a letter, email your request to iss [at], or stop by the Front Desk. GEO can provide the following letters to students:

  • Enrollment Verification Letter – Simply states the student is currently enrolled as a student at St. Edward’s and is in active immigration status.
  • SACM Enrollment Verification Letter – Same as above, just for SACM students. Also includes copy of schedule.
  • Driver’s License Letter – For students wanting to apply for a Texas I.D. or Driver’s License.
  • On-Campus Employment Verification Letter – For students with on-campus jobs that need to apply for a Social Security Number.

Other documents published by GEO, including a variety of handouts and standard forms, are available for download on the Forms for International Students page.