GEO is here to help you succeed on the hilltop!

The International Student Services staff within GEO serves as Designated School Officials (DSO) or Responsible Officers (ROs) on campus. Your DSO/RO is your primary source for information on federal rules and regulations as well as advice on how to maintain student status. If you have questions regarding your immigration status or your adjustment to life at St. Edward’s, we encourage you to contact us or book an appointment. As DSOs, we must also keep your record in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) updated and accurate to truly reflect your participation in your program of study. We cannot do this without your help.

Stay in touch! Contact GEO if you are ...

  • Changing your major, program, degree or educational level
  • Transferring to a new school
  • Withdrawing from school or taking a leave of absence
  • Dropping below full-time enrollment (12 hours for undergraduate and 9 hours for graduate)
  • Traveling outside of the U.S.
  • Moving to a new address
  • Working in the U.S.
  • Unable to complete your degree by Program End Date

For you to do any of these things legally, a DSO must be informed. Visit the subpages on the left for more specific information about maintaining your immigration status, including work authorization and guidance on travel.