Congratulations on your acceptance to St. Edward's University! This page provides an overview of the process to secure your immigration status and enroll as an international student in the United States.
***NEW STUDENT CHECKLIST****
Step 1: Obtain Form I-20 or DS-2019
- Receive official acceptancec letter & pay enrollment deposit
- Qualify for your Form I-20 or DS-2019 (i.e. email required docs)
- Submit online I-20 or DS-2019 Request Form
Step 2: Apply for F-1 or J-1 Visa
- Pay the SEVIS Fee
- Begin the visa application process.
- F-1 Visa Application Process
- J-1 Visa Application Process
- Schedule a visa interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- If approved, obtain visa.
- Book travel only after you have sevured your visa.
- Plan arrivavl date: You may not enter the U.S. more than 30 days before your Program Start Date.
- Attend International Student Check-In
- Attend Orientation
- Get Connected!