Programs and Services
The Center for Teaching Excellence at St. Edward’s University promotes engaged and effective teaching that cultivates significant student learning. The CTE fosters a campus culture that values a diversity of learning, teaching, and disciplinary styles, promotes honest discussion of teaching and learning, and encourages the scholarship of teaching and learning.
To accomplish these goals, the CTE supports faculty in developing courses, facilitates the exchange of ideas about teaching and learning among faculty, offers resources for faculty, collaborates with Instructional Technology to promote technology resources for teaching, and recognizes outstanding teachers with teaching awards. Our programs and services include:
- Awards for Teaching
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Circles
- Books & Coffee Reading and Discussion Group
- New Faculty Support
- Innovation Fellowships
- Innovation Institute
- Peer-to-Peer Teaching Exchange
- Teaching Symposium: an annual peer-reviewed conference on college teaching and learning
- Workshops, seminars, and learning communities
- Resources, including a library of print books and numerous digital teaching guides and articles
- Programs for departments and schools are also available upon request.
Whom We Serve: All faculty--both adjunct and tenure-line--are invited to take advantage of CTE services.