Our disability counselors, throughout the semester, reguarly meet with prospective students, incoming freshman or transfer students, and currently enrolled St. Edward's students who are seeking accommodations.
Getting Started with SDS:
- Provide documentation of your disability by email (sds [at] stedwards.edu), fax (512-464-8830) or in person (Moody Hall 155).
- Email is our preferred method to keep the student's information.
- If you do not have documentation currently, you can still make an appointment to see a disability counselor.
- Call Student Disability Services (512-448-8561) to schedule your first appointment with a disability counselor.
- The intake process make take one or more appointments:
- For your first appointment, come in about 10 minutes early to complete an intake form. We will need:
- Contact information of documentation provider
- Current treatment/medications
- History of disability
- Discuss with the disability counselor
- How your disability impacts your past and current academic performance
- Previous accommodations
- Requested accommodations
- If approved for academic accommodations by Student Disability Services, you will review and dicuss your approved accommodations and how they might impact your academics with your disability counselor.
- If approved for academic accommodations by Student Disability Services, you will deliver and discuss accommodation letters with your professors as soon as possible.
For more specific information about the documentation process please review our documentation guidelines.
Please note: All requests for academic accommodation should be made directly to Student Disability Services. Notice to other campus partners (e.g. Admissions, Orientation Staff, Health and Counseling Center, Faculty) is not considered notice to the Insitution.