"Every moment is an organizing opportunity, every person a potential activist, every minute a chance to change the world." — Dolores Huerta
Throughout the year, we plan and support creative opportunities that both raise awareness about the issues our communities face and celebrate our communities’ accomplishments and traditions.
Bringing Communities Together
Whether you are seeking a community of like-minded people or are just looking for a familiar face, part of our mission is to help bring communities together.
You can help plan, lead and participate in a range of opportunities, such as:
- Black Student Welcome
- Queer Camp
- International Student Welcome
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- First Generation College Student Summit
- Lavender Graduation
- Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Eid Al Adha–Yom Kippur Dinner
- Asian Cultural Awareness Day
Social Justice Journey
Through an immersive multi-day excursion, participants of the Social Justice Journey consider the complicated relationship between history, legacy, activism and social change. Participants balance:
- What activism looks like in the past and present
- Fighting for a community and being of a community
- The ways well-intentioned service hurts a community
- Who gets to be heroes
- The difference between learning history and honoring it
Educating for Social Justice
The Change Institute and other conference opportunities hosted on campus enable students to create and sustain diversity at St. Edward’s and beyond. The goal of these opportunities is to create cross-cultural dialogues that help students understand the complexities of living within diverse communities.
These are one step of many that St. Edward’s University students engage in to become members of flourishing communities where individuals respect diverse opinions and cultures.