Sep. 20, 2019
The Austin EcoNetwork (AEN) is an environmental news site based in Austin, dedicated to educating the public about the local environment. They are looking for an editorial intern to learn and work with them on delivering the local news in innovative ways.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the AEN staff to tell news stories in fun and creative ways
- Visiting local green businesses, nonprofits, community farms and sharing their good work with the larger Austin community (via Instagram stories)
- Learning about how a local newsroom works and experimenting with new ways to share information
Who should apply:
- Creative people who love the environment, politics, and environmental justice and want to work on something new and innovative
- Journalism, marketing, political science, art/graphic design majors are preferred, but not required
- Graphic design or illustration skills a plus (but not required)
- People who are passionate about democracy, storytelling, and local news
Please send a resume, writing samples, and links to personal social media profiles (or those you’ve managed) to Amy Stansbury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find the original job posting here.