Earn a dual degree in mathematics and engineering

Through this 5-year program, you will earn a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from St. Edward's in Austin and a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Carroll College in Helena, Montana.

At St. Edward's, we emphasize experiential learning through discovery and research. Guided by faculty, you'll benefit from the university’s state-of-the-art computer infrastructure, software and data storage for innovative research. After three years of mathematics studies, students enter Carroll College's engineering program, which is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.

You have the option to earn a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from St. Edward’s University and a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Carroll College, our partner university in Helena, Montana. 

In this 5-year, dual-degree program, you'll study in Austin your freshman, sophomore and junior years. You'll complete your final two years in Helena, Montana, where you'll focus on engineering-specific courses that include transportation and environmental engineering, thermodynamics, water distribution, structure design, hydrolics, and fluid mechanics. You'll learn to use math and science to design, construct and manage essential infrastructure projects that shape our society, such as bridges, tunnels, buildings, roads, airports, dams and water supply networks.


Students who graduate with this dual degree are prepared to:

  • Become a licensed Professional Engineer. Carroll's CE degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET and meets all of state Licensing Board requirements
  • Work as a civil engineer for a private engineering consulting firm, for a manufacturing or construction firm, or for a government agency
  • Enter graduate school to focus on fields such as: structural, environmental, water resource, or transportation engineering
  • Enter the growing field of engineering for developing communities
  • Start their own business in consulting and/or construction after earning their licensed professional engineer credentials