Get Ready for Move-in and Welcome Days
It's the start of the semester: new classes, new housing and (for some students) an entirely new school. In the middle of all this newness, one thing stays the same: Move-in and Welcome Days, our annual back-to-school extravaganza that gets students ready to go full on in the year ahead.
Because of COVID-19, Move-in and Welcome Days will look a bit different this year as the health and safety of all Hilltoppers is top priority. The university is planning a safe, social distanced experience to welcome you to the hilltop.
To ensure a safe, socially distanced move-in process, students will choose a move-in date and time. You will receive an email from Residence Life in your SEU inbox providing directions and move-in selection times. Please do not make any firm travel plans until you have received a confirmation email from Residence Life approving your selected date and time.
To move-in, you must:
- be registered for Fall 2020 classes,
- submit your proof of menigitis vaccination and
- submit your on-campus housing waiver.
You're allowed two guests to assist you with move-in, and you'll be responsible for bringing your own move-in supplies (carts, stools, etc.).
- New First-Year Students: Monday, Aug. 17–Thursday, Aug. 20
- Returning Students: Monday, Aug. 17–Saturday, Aug. 22
- International, Transfer, Exchange and Domestic Transfer Student: Monday, Aug. 17–Saturday, Aug. 22; Landing Day is Tuesday, Aug. 18 and will be virtual.
For more information about move-in, visit Residence Life.
From the day you move-in to the first day of classes, Welcome Days is when St. Edward’s celebrates the arrival of our current and new students for the upcoming academic year.
We’re excited you’re here! And we have a week of fun activities planned to kick off the semester. You’ll see how we remain a vibrant, socially connected community in a safe, physically distanced environment.
Throughout the week, you’ll take part in a mix of small, in-person group experiences and virtual or hybrid events that help you find your place, meet new people, make friends and — most importantly — have a good time! For example, you’ll …
- Learn to access and use services and resources across campus in our “How To” sessions that also cover guidelines for health and safety. Recreation and Wellness, Campus Ministry, the Health & Counseling Center and others will provide insights.
- Enjoy a series of entertainers — from a comedian to a magician to a mind reader.
- Get to know fellow students during fun social activities, like text breakers, Topper trivia, grocery bingo, a petting zoo and DIY wearable face masks.
Anchors for New First-Year Students: Aug. 21–23
During Welcome Week, all new first-year students will take part in the 3-day Anchors program that officially welcomes you to the St. Edward’s family and prepares you to go fully into your first year on the hilltop.