Your Top 5
At St. Edward's University, we want you to live fully. So, we've curated this quick list (called Your Top 5) just for you. These are the key things you need to know (and do) this month to enjoy your experience and be successful at St. Edward's.
Advising for Summer and Fall 2020 Classes
Meet with your success coach or primary advisor to discuss your upcoming schedule for this summer and fall. This is a great opportunity to ask questions about your classes, future semesters and whether you are on track to graduate as planned.
Housing Sign Up Continues
March Events To Know About
Summer 2020 Undergraduate Courses
St. Edward’s is offering Summer 2020 undergraduate courses at a 40% discounted tuition rate. This is more cost-effective than enrolling in the course for the fall or spring semester. View the course list to see if something piques your interest and/or fulfills one of your degree plan requirements. Talk to your success coach or primary advisor about your options during your March advising session.
BONUS 1: National Survey of Student Engagement
During the entire month of March, first-year freshmen and seniors are encouraged to complete the NSSE survey. Eligible students will receive an email invitation to complete the survey between Feb. 24 and April 6. The NSSE survey is confidential and is a great way to let us know how we can improve your experience at St. Edward's
Academic Tools and Support Services
Billing and Financial Aid
Current Student Events
Health and Safety
Policies and Regulations
Title IX and Sexual Misconduct Bi-Weekly Updates
March 9, 2020
As a Holy Cross institution, we are fully committed to the safety of all students, faculty and staff. We review all complaints of sex and gender harassment and violence, do our very best to respect survivor wishes and needs, investigate thoroughly, and provide resources and remedies. Below is a list of the updates that have been underway regarding concerns of sexual misconduct and our community. You can learn more about our process and resources on our Title IX webpage.
- The Student Leader Workgroup has met eight times since the start of the semester. Read the charter to learn about the workgroup's purpose, goals and timeline.
- We have made huge improvements to communication by adding the Sexual Misconduct/Title IX task center in myHilltop, and SEU’s Annual Security Report with crime statistics and Daily Crime and Fire Logs.
- The university engaged DeDe Church & Associates, LLC, to review the sexual misconduct policy, process and resources for students and make recommendations for improvement.
- On April 16, join us in Jones Auditorium to learn more about the improvements that have been made to our sexual misconduct policy, process and resources, and share feedback and continue the dialogue that started in December 2019.
- Join It’s On Us at their final two chapter meetings, one will be on March 11 from 6:30-8 p.m. in Carter Auditorium. Join us for a panel on “The Psychology of a Predator”. Lastly, in honor of April being Sexual Assault Awareness Month, we will be hosting our Spring Week of Action from March 30-April 2.
- SafeWalkSEU launched last week! SafeWalk runs Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–12:30 a.m. Call 512-326-7233 for a golf cart ride or escorted walk around campus.
- The Survivor Circle support group has launched. Meetings are Wednesday, 3–4:30 p.m. in the Health and Counseling Center.
- We recently had our Spring Campus Safety Walk, where we analyzed the progress from our last campus walk and also identified new locations.
Read more from Dr. Kirkpatrick's full article.