Ready to transfer? We’ll help you go full speed ahead.

Once you’ve decided to transfer to St. Edward’s, we’re here to guide you through the financial aid process. 

A St. Edward’s financial aid advisor will work with you throughout your time on the hilltop. They’ll answer questions, present financial options and make sure you’re taking advantage of all resources available to you.

We’re committed to helping transfer students find their place here, with scholarships and financial aid packages that meet their needs. To help you get started with applying for financial aid, we’ve distilled it down to the following three steps:

Try Our Net Price Calculator

5 minutes is all it takes to estimate what you'll pay.

student at library desk

 1. Apply for Admission

When you apply for admission before the priority deadline, you’ll be automatically considered for the most scholarships

Priority Application Deadline: April 15

person type on laptop

 2. Complete the FAFSA

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) asks questions about a family’s income and assets to determine an Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Make sure to list the St. Edward’s federal school code, 003621, in the school release section, so the university gets your results. After completing the FAFSA, you will receive an email acknowledgment from the Department of Education.* When you complete the FAFSA before the priority deadline, we’ll review your file for additional financial aid, including federal and state grants, other grants offered by St. Edward’s and low-interest student loans. 

FAFSA Priority Deadline: May 1
For a spring start date, the FAFSA priority deadline is November 1

the main building

3. Log into myHilltop

After you’re admitted and have provided all the required documents, you’ll receive a financial aid offer letter in the mail. Financial aid offers are also displayed in myHilltop. You’ll be asked to go to myHilltop to accept the aid offer and complete any additional requirements to secure your aid offer.

All Other Financial Paperwork Due: July 1
For a spring start date, all other financial-aid paperwork is due Dec. 1

Using GI Bill® and/or Department of Defense Education Funding

Active duty military, veterans, and spouses/dependents of veterans may be eligible to use GI Bill®  benefits or funding from DOD to assist in their St. Edward's education cost. All student eligibility is determined by the VA/DOD. Students can apply for GI Bill® benefits at

The Texas Hazlewood Act is for all public universities in the state of Texas. St. Edward's is a private university and cannot participate in the Hazlewood Act.

Our Veterans Affairs Office manages all GI Bill®/DOD education funding, please contact us at (512) 492-3193, or You can find more information on our Veterans Affairs site.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website,

*If you do not receive a response within 48 hours, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-433-3243.