Dr. Stephanie Martinez is an Associate Professor of Communication and director of presentational speaking.
Stephanie Poole Martinez is a 1991 graduate of Kent State who went on to earn her Ph.D. in Speech Communication in 2003 at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. She currently is an associate professor of communication and basic course director at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. She has recently led study abroad trips to Angers, France and to Sevilla, Spain. In 2016, she received a Presidential Excellence Research Grant for her current autoethnographic work on health communication and surviving esophageal cancer. She has a recent chapter in a book of case studies on Sport Communication, and an upcoming chapter in a new book titled “Navigating Midlife.” In her free time, she enjoys the company of her partner, Chris, and her daughter, Anya.
- Associate Professor (Tenured 2013), 2009-Present
- Assistant Professor, 2003-2008
- Some Spanish
- Some French
- Ph.D. in Speech Communication at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, 2003
- M.A. in Communication Studies at Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois, 1998
- B.S. in Advertising at Kent State University, Kent, Ohio, 1991