Hotels and Accommodations
Homecoming & Family Weekend Room Blocks
Wyndham Garden Austin
3401 South IH-35, Austin, TX 78741
Distance from campus: 0.9 miles
Register by January 23, 2020
Rate: $119 – excludes sales tax
Rate includes breakfast for two,Wifi, courtesy airport shuttle, and parking
Link to register: St. Edwards Homecoming Weekend 2020
Group Code: 02116702ST
Omni Hotel Southpark
4140 Governors Row, Austin, Texas 78744
Distance from campus: 1.7 miles
Register by January 17, 2020
Rate: $129 – excludes sales tax
Rate includes deluxe guestroom, internet, on-site parking and courtesy airport shuttle to and from Austin
Bergstrom International Airport is available daily from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Link to register: Omni Homecoming 2020 Reservation
Call to register: 1-800-843-6664
Group code: STEDWARDS2020
Other Nearby Hotels
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Austin South | 4501 South IH-35 Frontage Rd. Austin, TX 78744 | 512-441-8270
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Austin South | 4525 South IH-35 Frontage Rd. Austin, TX 78744 | 512-707-8899
- Austin Marriott South | 4415 South IH-35, Austin, TX 78744 | 512-441-7900
- Hampton Inn Austin South | 4141 Governors Row, Austin, TX 78744 | 512-442-4040
- Hilton Austin Airport | 9515 Hotel Drive, Austin, TX 78719 | 512-385-6767
- Hyatt Regency Austin | 208 Barton Springs Rd. Austin, Texas 78704 | 512-477-1234
- Double Tree by Hilton | 303 W. 15th Street, Austin, TX 78701 | 512-478-7000
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites | 4892 U.S. 290, Sunset Valley, TX 78735 | 1-800-315-2621
- DoubleTree Suites Austin | 303 West 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78701| 512-478-7000
- La Quinta Inn | 4424 South Mopac Expressway, Austin, Texas 78735 | 512-899-3000
Frequently Asked Questions
Class Reunions & Family Events
What is the Golden Guard?
Golden Guard is a celebration for alumni who graduated 50+ years ago. The celebration starts with a mass on Friday at 10:30 a.m. at Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel, and ends with a Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. in the Mabee Ballrooms. This year’s inductees include alumni from the class of 1970. All Golden Guard members (from St. Edward's High School and University) and a guest, former faculty, and Holy Cross Brothers are invited to attend. This is an invite-only event.
What is the 50th Reunion?
It is a special reunion for the Class of 1970 who are invited to return to the Hilltop to celebrate their 50th graduation anniversary. The reunion takes place on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2019, from 6:30 –9 p.m. in Mabee Ballrooms in the Ragsdale Center. Find more information here.
Registration & Event Fees
When do I register?
You may register for paid events online starting December 1, 2019, until Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2020, at 5 p.m. On-site registration will be available throughout the weekend at each event.
Can I register onsite?
Walk-up registration will take place at each paid event throughout the weekend. Credit cards, cash, and checks will be accepted.
What are the payment methods?
- Paying online – Credit cards accepted when you register on Eventbrite. Please note, there are processing fees.
- In-person – Please note the price at the door is about $2-3 higher than pre-registration for each ticket.
Can I get a refund for my registration?
Full refunds are available prior to Friday, Jan. 10, 2020. Following this date, no refunds will be given. To request a cancellation or to make a change please send an email to Alumni Relations at seualumni [at] stedwards.edu.
What are the Basketball Ticket Prices?
General Admission - $8
Students (7-18), Military, or Seniors 65+ - $4
Kids under 6 - Free
Parking & Transportation
Where can I park on campus?
During the weekend, Feb. 14–16, 2020, parking is available on campus in green and yellow lots. Please avoid restricted spaces or curbs. Make sure to review the campus map for lot information.
If you will be on campus prior to Feb. 15, please request or purchase a visitor parking pass.
What are the available public forms of transportation?
- Ride Share apps: Uber, Lyft, GetMe, Fare, Fasten, and RideAustin.
- Taxis: Cabs can be booked via the Hail a Cab app which allows you to locate cabs, schedule pick-ups, and track your cab
- Bus: Capital Metro offers the MetroBus, Metro Rapid, and MetroRail, both the website and the app allow users to plan trips.
What's the campus police's phone number?
To report suspicious activities, contact UPD 512-448-8444.
If you need someone to escort you to your car, contact UPD.
Do you have a Lost and Found?
Yes, items that are lost or found will be turned into the Ragsdale Information desk on the 2nd floor of the Robert & Pearle Ragsdale Center.
When can I reserve a tailgate spot?
Tailgating spot registration will be available mid-December.
Can I bring alcohol to my tailgate spot?
Yes, tailgaters are allowed to bring and consume their own alcohol, as long as they are following the tailgating policies. Security will monitor the tailgating area to ensure that only those patrons with wristbands are consuming alcohol. Please bring identification if you plan on consuming alcohol in the tailgating areas.
Can I sell alcohol at my tailgate spot?
No, the sale of any alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited according to state law. Tailgaters are welcome to distribute alcoholic beverages to tailgate attendees at their own risk.
Who to Contact
Call 512-448-8415 or email seualumni [at] stedwards.edu
Students, Parents or Family Members:
Call 512-448-8422 or email parents [at] stedwards.edu
University Faculty and Staff:
Call 512-448-8415 or email seualumni [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Homecoming%20%26%20Family%20Weekend%20Question)
Campus Recreation Events
Contact Andy Lemons at 512-233-1669 or andyl [at] stedwards.edu
Contact Talia Russell at 512-637-5615 or trussell [at] stedwards.edu
Contact Carey Mays at 512-464-8822 or careym [at] stedwards.edu.
University Police Department:
To report suspicious activities, contact 512-448-8444.