Hotels and Accommodations
Homecoming & Family Weekend Room Blocks
Wyndham Garden Austin
3401 South IH-35, Austin, TX 78741
Distance from campus: 0.9 miles
Register by Jan. 24, 2019
Rate: $119 – excludes sales tax
Rate includes breakfast for two, Wifi, courtesy airport shuttle, and parking
Online reservation and instructions
Group Code: 02126702ST
Omni Hotel Southpark
4140 Governors Row, Austin, Texas 78744
Distance from campus: 1.7 miles
Register by Jan. 26, 2019
Rate: $129 – excludes sales tax
Rate includes Wifi, courtesy airport shuttle, and parking
Other Nearby Hotels
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Austin South | 4501 South IH-35 Frontage Rd. Austin, TX 78744 | 512-441-8270
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Austin South | 4525 South IH-35 Frontage Rd. Austin, TX 78744 | 512-707-8899
- Austin Marriott South | 4415 South IH-35, Austin, TX 78744 | 512-441-7900
- Hampton Inn Austin South | 4141 Governors Row, Austin, TX 78744 | 512-442-4040
- Hilton Austin Airport | 9515 Hotel Drive, Austin, TX 78719 | 512-385-6767
- Hyatt Regency Austin | 208 Barton Springs Rd. Austin, Texas 78704 | 512-477-1234
- Double Tree by Hilton | 303 W. 15th Street, Austin, TX 78701 | 512-478-7000
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites | 4892 U.S. 290, Sunset Valley, TX 78735 | 1-800-315-2621
- DoubleTree Suites Austin | 303 West 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78701| 512-478-7000
- La Quinta Inn | 4424 South Mopac Expressway, Austin, Texas 78735 | 512-899-3000
Frequently Asked Questions
Events & Class Reunions
Where do I check in?
Check in at every event you plan to attend or stop by the Hilltopper Hospitality Suite (located in the Maloney Room) on Friday from 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. or Saturday from 9 a.m.–noon to check in for the weekend and to pick up your package (if purchased at the time of registration).
What is the Golden Guard?
Golden Guard is a celebration for alumni who graduated 50+ years ago. The celebration starts with a mass on Friday at 10:30 a.m. at Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel, and ends with a Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. in the Mabee Ballrooms. This year’s inductees include alumni from the class of 1969. All Golden Guard members (from St. Edward's High School and University) and a guest, former faculty, and Holy Cross Brothers are invited to attend. This is an invite-only event.
What is the 50th Reunion?
It is a special reunion for the Class of 1969 who are invited to return to the Hilltop to celebrate their 50th graduation anniversary. The reunion takes place on Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019, from 6:30 –9 p.m. in John Brooks Williams Natural Sciences Center - North building. The cost to attend is $25 and includes appetizers and two drink tickets.
What is the GOLD Reunion?
The GOLD Reunion is a special reunion for Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD), or alumni that graduated in the last ten years, this year we will be celebrating the Class of 2009-2019. The reunion takes place on Saturday, Feb. 16 from 7:30–9:30 p.m. in the Doyle Courtyard. We'll bring a photo-booth, DJ, a bar, and treats - you can just bring yourself! The cost to attend is $15 and includes appetizers and a drink ticket.
What are family-friendly events?
We are excited to host events that are designed to welcome parents and families back to campus! We invite you to spend some time with your student(s), meet other families and create awesome memories on the hilltop.
- Friday events include: Hilltopper Hospitality Suite, Campus Tour, Dinner on the Town and a Movie Night.
- Saturday events include: Hilltopper Hospitality Suite, Campus Tours, Coffee & Conversation with University Administrators, Game Day Tailgating and a live music concert
- Sunday events include: Homecoming Mass and Farewell Brunch
Registration & Event Fees
When do I register?
You may register for paid events online starting until Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019. On-site registration and packet pick-up will be available throughout the weekend at each event, or at the Hospitality Suite in Maloney Room on Friday from 2-5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m.–noon.
Can I register onsite?
Walk-up registration will take place at each paid event throughout the weekend. Credit cards, cash, and checks will be accepted. Packages will not be available at walk-up registration.
What are the new registration packages?
We are excited to offer several registration package options for you this year! Select the registration package that gives you access to all the events you want to attend, or if you prefer to register for events separately, you can do so via the registration – each package will show up depending on the category you select on the first page. Packages will not be available at on-site registration.
- Alumni Weekend Package - $34/person
- Includes Bash, Farewell Brunch, and swag. Value of $43.
- GOLD Reunion Package - $46/person
- Includes Bash, GOLD Reunion, Brunch, and swag. Value of $58.
- 50th Reunion Package - $54/person
- Includes Bash, 50th Reunion, Brunch, and swag. Value of $68.
- Parents and Families Package - $34/person
- Includes Bash, Farewell Brunch, and swag. Value of $43.
What are the payment methods?
Paying online – credit cards accepted.
Pay by Check – Download the form.
Can I get a refund for my registration?
Full refunds are available prior to Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019. Following this date, no refunds will be given. To request a cancellation or to make a change please send an email to Alumni & Parent Programs at seualumni [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Homecoming%20%26%20Family%20Weekend%20Refund) .
What are the Basketball Ticket Prices?
Free Admission this year!
Safety & Campus Construction
Why is there so much construction?
Exciting changes are happening on campus, so be prepared for some construction. The campus map can help you navigate around the Hilltop. See how the Hilltop keeps getting better.
What's the campus police's phone number?
To report suspicious activities, contact UPD 512-448-8444.
If you need someone to escort you to your car, contact UPD.
Do you have a Lost and Found?
Yes, items that are lost or found will be turned into the Ragsdale Information desk on the 2nd floor of the Robert & Pearle Ragsdale Center.
Parking & Transportation
Where can I park on campus?
During the weekend, Feb. 15–17, parking is available on campus in green and yellow lots. Please avoid restricted spaces or curbs. Make sure to review the campus event map for lot information – look for the "P" icon.
If you will be on campus prior to Feb. 15, please request a visitor parking pass.
What are available public forms of transportation?
- Ride Share apps: Uber, Lyft, GetMe, Fare, Fasten, and RideAustin.
- Taxis: Cabs can be booked via the Hail a Cab app which allows you to locate cabs, schedule pick-ups, and track your cab
- Bus: Capital Metro offers the MetroBus, Metro Rapid, and MetroRail, both the website and the app allow users to plan trips.
Can I bring alcohol to my tailgate spot?
Yes, tailgaters are allowed to bring and consume their own alcohol, as long as they are following the tailgating policies. Security will monitor the tailgating area to ensure that only those patrons with wristbands are consuming alcohol. Please bring identification if you plan on consuming alcohol in the tailgating areas.
Can I sell alcohol at my tailgate spot?
No, the sale of any alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited according to state law. Tailgaters are welcome to distribute alcoholic beverages to tailgate attendees at their own risk.
What time does the tailgating start?
Those who have reserved spaces may start setting up at 11 a.m. and must have spots torn down and cleaned up by 6 p.m., in the designated lot. Specific tailgate times vary by group, so check your tailgate spot invites or the events calendar for exact start and end times.
Are all tailgates free and open to the general public?
Tailgates differ by group. Some tailgate spots are private and are invite only. Others are open to the general public. Please check the events calendar to see which tailgates are open to the public.
What are the tailgating policies?
Please review the tailgating guidelines to be sure you are in compliance at all times. Patrons not following these guidelines may be removed from the tailgating areas.
How many people will be tailgating?
Tailgate attendance depends on many factors, including, how well tailgates are promoted to students, alumni & families and weather.
Who to Contact
Call 512-448-8415 or email seualumni [at] stedwards.edu
Students, Parents or Family Members:
Call 512-448-8422 or email parents [at] stedwards.edu
University Faculty and Staff:
Call 512-448-8415 or email seualumni [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Homecoming%20%26%20Family%20Weekend%20Question)
Campus Recreation Events
Contact Andy Lemons at 512-233-1669 or andyl [at] stedwards.edu
Contact Tommy Gallagher at 512-448-8451 or tgallagh [at] stedwards.edu
Contact Kyle Clark at (512) 637-5644 or kclark13 [at] stedwards.edu
Download the Guidebook App to Plan Your Weekend!
Don’t miss any Homecoming & Family Weekend details, check the latest info, receive updates, and plan your schedule by downloading the St. Edward’s University guidebook app.