Each area has a different focus, but all provide support to the university community and are actively involved in implementing innovative technology on the hilltop.
The central hub for our support operation, IT Resources encompasses the Moody Hall Help Desk and User Services staff, as well as classroom and computer lab support. IT Resources is often our first line of support, and you'll probably see them if, for example, you:
- have issues with your email or wireless connection
- need help troubleshooting a projector, camera or teacher station in your classroom
- are a faculty or staff member ready to buy a new computer
- have questions about using myHilltop
- notice a computer or printer in a campus lab isn't working properly
The Whole Hilltop in the Palm of Your Hand
The university's one-stop shop is now available in an app store near you. Download myHilltop mobile for iOS or Android to make getting things done on the go even easier.
Trainings Ready When You Are
All St. Edward's students, faculty and staff have access to the thousands of online training resources LinkedIn Learning has to offer. Sign in with your university username and password and start learning from experts in every field, free of charge and without ever leaving your couch.
Instructional Technology focuses on the teaching and learning experiences at St. Edward's — and how technology can improve both. Come to them for the following resources:
- Help setting up your course in Canvas or using one of our other academic tools
- Help designing your technology-enhanced course or assignment, whether it's face-to-face, hybrid/blended, low-residency or online
- A workspace and a hub for course and assignment creation, staffed with instructional designers
- A digital media space for both students and faculty, staffed with multimedia designers and equipped with rooms for audio and video production
- Technology videos and other how-to and training resources
- Help finding and designing a class for active learning or other specialized learning spaces
2018-2019 TLTR Pilot Projects
Congratulations to the faculty winners of this year's Technology for Innovative Learning & Teaching Pilot Project Grants. This year’s grants include projects that enhance learning spaces on campus and develop student skills in digital media literacy, fluency and publication.
Enterprise Information Systems
Enterprise Information Systems provides standard, efficient and integrated systems, as well as support for enterprise software applications and platforms. The department also manages standard, forward-thinking identity management policies, practices and tools for the university. The applications and services Enterprise Information Systems support include:
- access and identity management, including single sign-on authentication
- the university's large platforms for business operations and case management: Banner and Salesforce
- data and software integrations between systems
- various business tools and administrative software
A Note About Maintenance
Sometimes the work our teams do requires us to take down certain applications and systems. We try to keep these interruptions confined to planned windows, but sometimes we need to make adjustments. Planned and unplanned work is tracked on our Maintenance Calendar.
Wireless Access Across the Globe
St. Edward's is a global university, and now it has a network to match. Use your university login to access the Eduroam wireless network at other universities in the United States and abroad.
Digital Infrastructure maintains the internet and data network, as well as servers, and provides systems administration and telecommunication support for the university. They help maintain all things related to the wireless network and campus phone system, including:
The team also installs, maintains and troubleshoots voice, cable, data and fiber optics communications cabling, card reader systems and surveillance cameras.