Welcome to the Writing Center.
Strong writing and communication abilities are an essential outcome of your St. Edward’s education. These lifelong skills are highly valued in every career field. The St. Edward’s University Writing Center is here to support you in strengthening your written communications. We assist students, faculty, staff and alumni in their growth as writers in an environment of collaboration, not instruction.
The Writing Center is located on the second floor of the Munday Library. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are unable to accept in-person requests. If you would like one of our consultants to review your writing, please schedule an online appointment through Tutor Trac. Faculty, please jdowns [at] stedwards.edu (email) to schedule a virtual visit from the Writing Center.
Intro to the Writing Center
New to the Writing Center? Check out our helpful videos for an introduction to the Writing Center, how to make an appointment, how to cancel an appointment and more.
Click here to access our curated Resources on things such as Style format, mechanics, et al.
Sign Up for Appointment
Visit TutorTrac for scheduling or canceling an appointment. If you need assistance navigating TutorTrac, please use this step-by-step walkthrough. Select "Videoconference Center" to set up a live online appointment. We have day and evening online hours.
How We Can Assist You
The Writing Center offers four types of free, one-on-one writing assistance:
- Schedule a live video conference appointment with one of our consultants.
- Submit your draft for written feedback.
- Schedule a face-to-face appointment. (Due to Covid-19, we are unable to accept in-person requests right now.)
- writingcenter [at] stedwards.edu (Email) a quick question.
What We Do
We assist with all types of writing and communication projects, including:
- Formal and informal essays, letters and journal entries
- Course papers and research projects
- Technical reports, memos, summaries, case studies and group reports
- Creative writing, alternative writing assignments and digital writing projects
- Graduate school and scholarship essays
- Cover letters and résumés
We assist in all areas of writing, including:
- Understanding and responding to an assignment or prompt
- Developing arguments
- Understanding audience, tone, style and usage
- Structure, content and use of sources
- Patterns of error (in grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, citation formatting and documentation) and modeling corrections
- Understanding and reworking errors; and interpreting comments and feedback from others