Get Involved on the Hilltop
Are you looking for something to do from the comfort of your home or residence? Whether you are on campus or at home this semester, we have you covered! There is plenty happening both on-campus and online to keep you entertained and engaged with our St. Edward's community!
Check this page, CollegiateLink, and the University Calendar for updates and more details on these programs. Please make sure you follow offices such as Recreation and Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Student Involvement on Instagram for more programs.
Many of your favorite programs, such as UPB Events, Fitness Classes, and Peer Wellness sessions, are all happening virtually!
|UPB Events||Take and Makes!||Virtual Fitness Classes||Peer Wellness|
Our traditional programs are going hybrid this semester! Check out the in-person and online events at the link below!
|You loved coming out and learning to make new things with us on campus, now is your chance to learn from home! Sign up each week to pick up a new item and make it on-site with us or bring home to do at a later time!||Log into Zoom and workout alongside some of our fitness instructors! Classes you are used to having within the RAC, now happening online to be streamed anywhere!||The Peer Wellness Champions are undergraduate students just like you trained in helping their peers plan and achieve wellness goals through accountability and support.|
Are you looking for ways to ways to things to do on your own? Check out some of the virtual opportunities we have collected to help you during this time.
|Fitness||Library Services||Virtual Tours and Shows||Self-Directed Activities|
|SEU RecWell has partnered with Universities around the country to provide a robust offering of Group fitness virtual classes from instructors around the nation.||Check out curated content and applications provided by the Munday Library.||Experience sights and sounds online by participating in many virtual events.||Each week we will post a new list of activities.|
Feel free to check out the following list for the community compiled resources during COVID-19.
We are using virtual tools to stay connected with each other. Getting involved can help you meet new people, find a community, discover new interests and skills, and much more!
|How to use campus||Speakers Series||LinkedIn Learning||LEAD|
|We will venture across campus to see newly designed spaces. Learn how to access those services.||Throughout the year, we will bring prominent leaders designed to educate, enlighten, and inspire.||Log on to myHilltop and pick up a new skill via LinkedIn Learning.||
Leaders Engaging in Actions for Development. Workshop series to prepare organization officers and members to lead and function as effective, sustainable student organizations. A variety of workshops and training will still occur this semester to prepare you for the adventures ahead.
Miss a training, visit bit.ly/LeadSeriesInfo for the recordings!
Join your peers and stay virtually connected! Find more programs on CollegiateLink!
We want you to stay engaged with your favorite programs. Nominate your peers for awards, celebrate accomplishments, or unwind from the semester.
|SGA Meetings!||Topper Kudos!||Open Town Halls||Recreation and Wellness!|
|SGA has not stopped working for the students, and senate meetings are taking place each week! Visit bit.ly/SGAFormal21 to attend!||
We want to celebrate and recognize organizations each week for their hard work and achievements. To acknowledge your group or an organization that you know, please fill out and submit this form.
|Log on and have your voice heard as members of the University's administration take questions from you!||Visit the Recreation and Wellness task center on MyHilltop to learn how to stay active online and on-campus!|
Find more events such as these on CollegiateLink!
Learn where to go virtually for all your support and needs. Check on the following information for virtual changes!
|Health and Counseling||Information Technology||Dean of Students||Academic Support Services|
Stay committed to your health and wellness, check out the services offered
|Learn how to use all of the new software to help keep you virtual.||We support you! If you need support, please visit the DoS.||Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student, we have a robust support system to help.|
Many university offices and departments are moving online! Make sure to go here to stay up to date on COVID-19 and other university resources.
Where do I start?
I am a parent or family member looking for ways to help my student get involved on campus. I am a new student looking to get involved on campus. I am a transfer student looking for ways to get involved on campus. Does this sound like you? We understand, and we are here for you.
We know this year is different for academics and student involvement on campus, and our department and student organizations are working hard to provide opportunities for every student. There are many ways to get connected and find opportunities to get involved on the Hilltop. Here are a few things that we encourage you to check out:
- Please take our Involvement Inventory. Our Student Involvement Coordinator will match you with some involvement opportunities that we think you will enjoy based on your interests.
- Check out our student organization directory to find a student organization you would like to get involved with. Please check back periodically as new organizations are created throughout the year.
- Visit the Office of Student Involvement in Ragsdale 304 to hang out in our lounge, study, meet a new friend, or play a game. We have Fun Friday's 2-4 pm sign up and meet a new friend. Also, follow our Instagram Page for opportunities to get connected through other programs and events.
- If you are currently living on campus, we encourage you to connect with your RA. They will connect you with opportunities on your floor and within your communities.
- Check out the latest University Programming Board Event. When walking around campus, check out the blackboard located right outside many residence halls for the most upcoming event. You can also find the University Programming Calendar listed in your residence hall on a wall.
- Get an on-campus job. Check out MyHilltop and search for Hilltop Careers (Handshake). There are so many great places to work on campus, and the best part is a super easy commute.