In-person services for students will begin August 24. Students will have the ability to access the RAC Fitness Center by reservation only. Reservations will be made using IMLeagues. Faculty and staff will not be permitted to access in-person services or facilities for Fall 2020.
Recreation and Athletic Center (RAC)
Students coming to the RAC to attend an academic class, meet a faculty member or coach, or other activity that is not recreational will still be required to provide proof of completion of their daily health screen and adhere to mandatory facial covering policy.
Facilities in the RAC available to our community, along with updates on our COVID-19 adjustments, include:
- Recreation fitness center/weight room
- Students will be required to reserve a time in the RAC Fitness Center
- Hours of operation 8:00am - 6:30pm
- Workout Blocks are 1 hour and 15 minutes in length
- Workout blocks are available every 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Capacity in the fitness center/weight room will be limited to 8 students per block
- No equipment will be available for check-out
- Multipurpose fitness studio
- Available for sponsored programs on a limited basis
- No drop in use
- Tech-free wellness lounge (closed for Fall 2020, due to Covid-19)
- Wellness seminar/co-working room (closed for Fall 2020, due to Covid-19)
- 6-lane 25-yard pool (closed for Fall 2020, due to Covid-19)
- Racquetball court (closed for Fall 2020, due to Covid-19)
- Gymnasium for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, dodgeball, and other gym activities (closed for Fall 2020, due to Covid-19)
- Recreational locker rooms
- No showers or overnight lockers are available
- Gender-neutral locker room
- No showers are available
All students must check-in with credentials at the RAC and UFCU Alumni Gym for entry into the facility. No exceptions. Bring your SEU ID card (or mobile credentials) and phone with proof of completion of required daily health screen via the TopperSafe app.
UFCU Alumni Gym
For Fall 2020, the UFCU Alumni Gym will be reserved for GroupX classes, NCAA practices, and club sport activities. Access to these programs will require SEU ID and proofs of completion of daily health screen via the Topper Safe App. No open recreation will be permitted in the Alumni Gym.
Practice Soccer Field (Intramural Field)
The practice soccer field is available for intramural sports events, club sports practices and games, and special events upon request. Open recreation is not permitted on the field. The field must be reserved.
Recreation Field (Teresa Field)
The recreation field is available at all times for club sports, open recreation, intramural sports, and special events. You can find rugby, lacrosse, ultimate frisbee, soccer, flag football or even boot camps on the field.
Outdoor Running Track
The outdoor track circles the Lewis-Chen Family Field and is available for walking and jogging. The track measures just over 1/4 mile in length.
On-Campus Departments and Student Organizations
To ensure the appropriate use of space, athletic and recreational programming needs are prioritized. When available, university departments, individuals, and student organizations may request the use of various facilities. A fee may be associated with reservations to cover overhead costs and to ensure the security of the facility.
Off-campus Community Partners
Not a university department or organization? Requests for access to RecWell and Athletics facilities are available on a case-by-case basis. Email the Athletics Office.
Requesting RecWell Partner Programs
Interested in a weight room orientation for your group? A custom GroupX class? A health education workshop? RecWell wants to come to you and support you and your needs. If you are interested in partnering with any area of RecWell, you can request a custom experience from RecWell.