ESTEEM is an innovative 11-month entrepreneurship master’s program with the University of Notre Dame
St. Edward’s is partnered University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana to give St. Edward’s students a unique chance to enhance existing scientific, mathematics, engineering and technical skills through a sound introduction to business and the commercialization of innovative science and technology.
Unlike the traditional MBA, an entrepreneurship master’s focuses on the direct application of business skills to an entrepreneurial environment. ESTEEM sets itself apart from other entrepreneur master’s programs by putting students in the middle of real-time startup development.
Students have the opportunity to:
- Learn specific skills required to launch a business
- Complete a capstone thesis project with a faculty mentor to take a product from concept all the way to commercialization
- Thoroughly evaluate technology used in industry
- Develop a go-to-market strategy, including a complete business plan and full financial forecast
- Take advantage of Notre Dame's wide network of investors and alumni for help launching ventures inspired by capstone projects.
Two annual spots in the 11-month program are reserved for our graduates. Merit scholarships are available.
Learn more about the ESTEEM program at Notre Dame's website.
The graduate program aims to prepare students to conduct business that benefits people, the planet and profitability through sustainable business models.
What do students go on to do after ESTEEM?
- 20% of ESTEEM graduates are involved with or have launched their own startups
- 34% of ESTEEM students go into consulting post-graduation
- 35% of graduates play an intrapreneurial role at large tech and healthcare companies as well as non-profit organizations
"I found ESTEEM of particular value in working cross functionally across multiple disciplines. The program emphasizes technical depth with industry depth. This core skill set is of tremendous value to anyone with a background in a technical field." —Courtney Parry, '10 ESTEEM Grad, is consulting with Deloitte
Meet the Faculty
The professors chosen to lead students through the immersive experience ESTEEM promises are equally dedicated to the sciences as well as the study of innovation, entrepreneurship and business. Representing a wide range of engineering, science, and business disciplines, these professors serve as instructors, mentors, and sounding board as students expand their horizons and explore their future possibilities.