The Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) mentors Pre-Health students on several levels. The committee works closely with the Pre-Health Professions Coordinator to provide guidance for strategically becoming a competitive applicant, as well as guidance for the application and interview process. Many Pre-Health professional programs strongly encourage students to receive an evaluation from their institution's HPAC. Students may acquire a letter of evalutation from HPAC to accompany their application. Students typically begin their application process in their junior year.
1. Minimum of a 3.6 cumulative GPA for students applying to the following professional programs: medical, dental, veterinary, or physician's assistant.
2. Minimum of a 3.5 cumulative GPA for students applying to the following professional programs: optometry or pharmacy.
3. Students must have earned at least 60 credit hours prior to the submission of their application.
4. Students must have completed at least 2 semesters at St. Edward's University prior to the submission of their application.
5. Students must have accumulated at least 20 hours of documented firsthand experience in their professional field of interest.
6. Students must have participated in at least 3 Pre-Health events sponsored by the Pre-Health Professions Office or HPAC.
7. Students must have attended 1 HPAC application workshop in their specific application season.
8. Evidence of community service is highly suggested.