The Bill Munday School of Business Undergraduate Advising
The Bill Munday School of Business provides comprehensive advising and student support services to undergraduate business students.
Faculty members from each academic area are assigned as advisors for students after their freshman year. The faculty advisor works closely with each student to mentor and guide them regarding career and professional pursuits as well as optimal course sequencing toward graduation. They also work with students to assure they know their responsibilities for managing their chosen course schedules and degree plan.
As advisors, our goal is to help students explore and excell by providing them with the guidance and resources they need to become independent learners. In addition to one-on-one meetings, we employ a software that helps studnets stay on track of coursework. collaborate with faculty, and receive up-to-the-minute information on their academic progress.
The Undergraduate Advising Office provides support to students and faculty alike in order to meet academic and student services needs.
- Comprehensive degree planning
- Degree audits
- Off-campus course approval
- Study abroad equivalency approval
- Graduation certification
- Course overload approval
- Pass/no-pass grading approval
Undergraduate Advising Specialist
The Bill Munday School of Business
Office: Trustee 316
Email: nickdp [at] stedwards.edu
How to Connect with an Advisor
1. Contact your assigned faculty advisor.
Don't know who your assigned faculty advisor is? Check out myHilltop to find your primary academic advisor and their contact information listed under "My Advisor."
2. If you do not have an assigned faculty advisor, contact the business school Undergraduate Advising Specialist, Nick Phelps, at nickdp [at] stedwards.edu or 512-448-8614.
3. Complete and submit an e-advising form to be reviewed by the business school undergraduate advising specialist.
***Students who are in ACE (Academic Counseling and Exploration) must meet with their assigned APSS advisor for advising and registration clearance.***
Welcome to The Bill Munday School of Business E-Advising Program!
Please complete the e-advising form listing all classes for which you seek enrollment in the upcoming semester. Note that alternate course options should always be included. This advising process is not intended to discourage you from meeting with your academic advisor. It is available only to facilitate the registration process. You will be contacted within two to three business days with approval and clearance or with questions about additional information needed to proceed with your registration clearance.
Send all questions regarding e-advising to Nick Phelps via email nickdp [at] stedwards.edu or by phone 512-448-8614.
Click here for the e-advising form.
Undergraduate Degree Plans
All current and past undergraduate degree plans for The Bill Munday School of Business can be found online.
To view and download a degree plan, please follow the steps below:
- Visit: www.cs.stedwards.edu/advising
- Select "School of Management and Business" (aka The Bill Munday School of Business)
- Click "Submit School"
- Select a Major*
- Click "Submit Major"
- Select the Year of the degree plan
- Click "Submit Year"
- Click "View Degree Plan in PDF" to download the plan.
*Current and past degrees are listed. Not all degrees are still offered.
Graduation Process - Apply Online
Steps to be certified to graduate
The semester prior to completing all degree requirements:
- Log into your myHilltop account
- Click on the "Student" tab at the top
- On the top right, under "Quick Access" click "Access Student Services Menu"
- On the "Student Records" menu, click on the "Apply to Graduate" tab and follow the prompts
- To confirm your application for graduation - under the "Student" tab, click on "Student Records", then click on "View Application for Graduation"
- If you have any questions, please contact The Bill Munday School of Business at 512-448-8696 or the Office of the Registrar at 512-448-8750.
You may also go to the Registrar’s website at http://think.stedwards.edu/registrar/resources for further explanation.
Policies for Overloads
Students in The Bill Munday School of Business may add and drop courses via myHilltop from the beginning of the registration period until the add/drop date deadline. Consequently, course enrollment numbers change on a daily basis and closed classes may develop openings before the start of the semester.
Students who have been unsuccessful in adding a required class through myHilltop because the class reached the enrollment limit may use the option to add themselves to the wait list for the course - follow the prompts.
The Bill Munday School of Business is firm about approving overloads and reserves this option for students with very special circumstances (e.g., graduation). Decisions are based on class space, ranking, and prerequisite demands. A wait list request does not guarantee approval.
Wait list requests will be processed after the opening of registration for all students and will continue through the fifth class day of the following semester. Students will be notified via their St. Edward’s email account if they are awarded a wait list seat and will have 24 hours to register for the course. Enrollment eligibility is automatically removed from myHilltop after 24 hours. The Bill Munday School of Business reserves the right to revoke wait list seat offers based on class demands. The student is responsible for registering for the course through myHilltop once offered a seat in a wait list class.